Chapter 43

"You're insatiable tonight" I pant, resting my head on his bare chest. My leg and arm is thrown over his body, the sheets a mess around us.

"I'm a little.... Anxious to be away and I guess I'm trying to distract myself." He admits. He's been making an effort to talk about his feelings as our relationship has progressed. I've been doing everything I can not to mock him or tease when he gets serious like this. I've failed a couple times and those have led to explosive arguments that I did end up admitting that I was wrong and sincerely apologized.

"Are you anxious about being away or anxious about what you'll have to do?" I ask.

"A little of both. More so the being away, I think."

"You're going to miss me" I smile and kiss his chest.

"Damn right I will."

"Can we still talk on the phone while you're there?"

"We should be able to especially at the beginning while everything is getting set up before it gets too crazy." He says, rubbing my back and yawning.

"Are you finally tired?"

"If you're not I can rally for another round" he opens a sleepy eye and smirks down at me.

"I don't even know if I have any feeling left down there" I joke

"Guess I need to find out then" he reaches down between us but before he can find how wet I am again, I grab his wrist.

"You have to leave first thing in the morning and it's already so late" I bring his palm to my face and leave a gentle kiss there. "I'm sure you also already have plenty for your spank bank"

"No harm in getting more" he teases

"No harm in getting a good night sleep either" I reply, closing my eyes and yawning.

"Alright alright" he puts his arm back around my waist and holds me to him as he closes his eyes. He must be as spent as I am since his breathing gets deep and even within moments. I yawn a few more times, thinking about the outline of my new book and all the things I need to do. My tattoo appointment is also tomorrow but it's not until the afternoon.

The next morning, Bakugo's alarm goes off and he gets up, showers and packs a bag before I even get out of bed. This is how our mornings normally go. He quietly does what he needs to for the day and then he comes to wake me up with a cup of coffee when he's about to leave. If he makes breakfast, an extra plate is left for me on the table. When I make my lunch, I always make and extra that he takes with him to work the next day. We always make dinner together. It's a good system.

This morning, I follow him downstairs with my hot mug and stand by the door as he finishes lacing up his boots and double checking to make sure he has everything he needs for the mission. He had to pack his hero costume and he's wearing a simple winter coat over a t-shirt and jeans with a baseball cap smashing his spiky hair down.

"I'll text when I get there and know more about my free time" he promises with a quick kiss.

"No way. If you're going to go off for awhile, I need a proper kiss." I complain and jokingly stomp my foot.

He rolls his eyes with a smirk and drops his bag. He grabs both sides of my face and places his mouth on mine gently, lingering and just holding. I sigh and he uses that as his sign to move his hands into my hair and deepen our connection, grinding his hips into mine and backing me against the door.

Just when I'm about to suggest a quickie, there's a knock on the front door. Bakugo sighs as he releases me and moves me gently away from the door to open it. Kaminari is waiting on the other side.