Chapter 15

"Oh" I say, unsure "I'm sure you're happy about that. It'll be nice to sleep in your own bed again."

"I guess." He shrugs, pouring us both a bowl of cereal and tossing a spoon toward me. He come around to the stools and we both sit, eating in silence. I take a moment to admire his mostly naked form and how at ease he seems right now.

"But I guess that means your impromptu vacation is over." I continue, trying to mask my sadness that he'll be leaving.

"Yeah" he grumbles, "haven't taken anytime off since my dad."

"Are you an your mom close?" I want to know everything about him.

"Not really. We're too similar to stay in the same room for an extended period of time." He chuckles to himself "come to think of it, the last time we had dinner together, we ended up smashing only three dishes."

"Only three?"

"That's pretty good for us. We both have tempers and they don't exactly meld with each other. I think our record is eight."

"That seems a little extreme" I smirk, easily able to imagine Bakugo getting worked up enough to smash things.

"Not as extreme as getting a lip split for helping someone." His expression turns to a serious scowl and I look away from him. This isn't a conversation to rehash right now.

"We're not going back to that topic."

"We didn't finish that talk. That first night, you ran away to shower and then went to bed!" He exclaims, grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him. His thumb runs along my lower lip, pausing where the healed split was.

"Yes we did finish it. We finished it at the tattoo shop and besides, what's the point? You already know what happened. They're protective, they got scared when I did something to put myself in danger, they lashed out. Nothing more, nothing less."

"You still have bruises, Y/n. That's more than lashing out." His voice is as gentle as his hand. This is a completely different person than the grump I've seen countless times on the TV.

"Everyone has bruises, Katsuki. Visible or invisible. We both have some of each." I shrug

"Don't do that. Don't just shrug it off." He drops his hand

"So you, Katsuki Bakugo, the closed off hero that not only threatens but actually attacks members of the media when they ask prying questions, wants to talk about his feelings?"

"No. I want to talk about yours."

"No fucking way. I'm not going to spill my guts to you if you're not willing to do the same." I cross my arms with a huff.

"Do you talk to Gunther?"

"No."

"Did you talk to Kayla?"

"... I did at the end. I told her everything and she took it to her grave." I confess, standing and clearing our dishes, needing to do something other than look at him.

"Fine. I'll drop it." He says after a pause. "But I'll always listen to you. Whenever you're ready."

I don't reply and just clean up the kitchen. As a treat for myself, I bust out the French press and brew us both a cup.

"So what are you going to do?" I finally ask.

"About what?" He looks at me from over the rim of his mug.

"You have the all clear. So now what?"

"I guess I'll go back to my place."

"Don't sound too happy about it" I tease "oh! And you can't forget your new clothes."