Chapter 40

As we eat, we talk about her busy job running her late husbands designer label. She loves what she does and even tailors Bakugo's suits to fit him correctly so he doesn't 'look like a bum' according to her.

"He needs a lot of help in that area, I'd imagine" I laugh with her.

"If it were up to him, he'd still want to wear his baggy pants and black t-shirt with a skull on the front" she shakes her head and rolls her eyes.

"I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure he still wears that shirt."

"Of course he does" she smiles. "What do you do for fun?"

"Mostly I read or craft. I'm a home body and don't go out with people very often. I even got Katsuki to make bracelets not too long ago."

She pauses with her fork halfway to her mouth. "Please tell me you have pictures"

"Of course I do" I widely grin, getting my phone out and showing her both nights. "I think he was more excited about the puzzle than the bracelet."

"How did his turn out?" She asks

"It was a little clumsy but not the worst" I roll up my sleeve and show her my wrist. She holds my arm as she examines it for a moment and then throws her head back and laughs.

"It's awful" she gets out when she's stopped cackling. I like her laugh. "Did you make him one too?"

"I did. But it's an anklet so he doesn't burn it off"

"Smart girl" she pats my hand before releasing it.

The waitress comes around again and I order a couple meals to go for Bakugo and Kirishima. When I try to turn over my card to pay for everything, Mitsuki tries to swat my hand away.

"It's my treat, I insist" she says

"Please let me" I reply, forcing my card into he waitress' hand and shooing her away. "My mom would always joke that one day I'll be treating her to lunch and I never got the chance"

"That's a hell of a trump card you have there"

"And I'll play it every time" I smile as the waitress brings out the food for the heroes and my receipt. She threw in an extra dessert and I leave a generous tip before we get up to leave.

I didn't plan my afternoon well and without a car, Mitsuki offers to drive me to Bakugo's agency. When we get there, I say goodbye and move to get out of the car, but Mitsuki stops me.

"You really are an incredible woman, y/n." She says "and I hope my son deserves you."

"On the contrary, Mitsuki, It's me that's trying to be good enough to deserve him." I confess

"And now I know you're a liar too" she jokes and softly laughs, leaning over the center console to hug me. I hold on a little longer than I need to.

"Can we do this again next week?" I ask

"We can do this every week. It's so refreshing to be out with someone other than a grump or a coworker" she smiles brightly, and squeezes me one more time in a quick hug. "Go on in before the food gets too cold. I'll text you next week to let you know what my schedule looks like."

I get out of the car with the bag from the restaurant and wave goodbye as she pulls away from the building. At the door of the hero agency, I have to press an intercom to get the door unlocked.

"Can I help you?" A woman's voice comes over the intercom.

"Yes, I'm y/n l/n and I'm here to see Bakugo and Kirishima" I reply