Chapter 26

"What does it sound like I'm doing?" My captor replies smugly.

"It sounds like you've made the biggest mistake of your fat miserable life." Bakugo quips back snarkily. His cold tone is gone and it's replaced by a teasing one as if he flipped a switch and knows something we don't.

"Fat? You're the chubby chaser it seems."

"I don't chase anyone. They all come to me. And you seem to know me pretty well. I only care about myself, but I'm not the person you'll have to worry about." He sounds calm and collected still.

"And who else will I have to worry about?"

"Well my friends have grown attached to her and they only talked to her for a few hours. Red Riot more than the others. None of them will shut up about her. They'll be quite...displeased if you hurt her."

"I'm not worried about heroes that aren't here." The man plops down in his seat.

"It's not us you need to worry about the most."

"What are you talking about?"

"That little lady you have there is your biggest problem."

"She's literally tied up. I've covered all skin that could possibly be used to turn me to stone. She's no threat." His face twist in anger, clearly tired of the conversation. "Just come get her so we can finish this conversation properly."

"I think this talk can wait awhile" I can practically see Bakugo smirking.

"Katsuki Bakugo, if you don't come get me right now..." I shout to the phone.

"Y/n" he breathes, sounding less sure of himself. "I didn't know you were right there."

"That's right. She's right next to me. Do you want to hear the sounds I can get out of her while she's trapped in here with me?" The fat man gets closer to me, spiking my heart rate in fear.

"Is she trapped in there with you? Or are you trapped in there with her?" Bakugo hangs up. He actually hangs up the phone on my captor. Some hero he is.

I'm going to punch him when I get out of here. He better come for me soon. My ass is numb enough and my legs and arms have been tingling, threatening to go to sleep for what feels like days.

"Huh. Maybe I was wrong. He doesn't even sound like he cares about you and then he hangs up.... oh well. The tabloids must have gotten this one wrong. Guess I'll just get to your dad then. I couldn't get his number, would you be so kind as to give it to me?" He fakes nice, batting his eyelashes comically.

"Oh yeah sure." I reply sarcastically "it's 9-1-1, and don't bother waiting for him to say anything. As soon as it connects, just start talking all about how you kidnapped me and trapped me in this cold ass place."

"Your sass will get you killed one day."

"Probably, but today is not that day."

"Tomorrow then."

"Tomorrow it is." He stands up and backs his way out of the door.

Moments later I hear explosions and yelling. Obvious signs of fighting. This is my chance to move. I bend down and use my teeth to tighten the zip ties as far as they will go against my chaffed wrist, it hurts, but when I pop my hand up, the pressure is enough to bust the restraints open with minimal resistance. With my hands free, I pull the tape off my legs and stand. I take a moment to stretch and try to shake some feeling into my limbs.

When I've done all I can, I break the wooden chair apart and grab one of the busted legs to use as a make shift spear if needed. The big man comes back, charging for me in a rage.