Chapter 20: Victim of bullying

Boruto’s POV

Uhh, why should I go? Mom is enough. There’s no need for me to be there… And why Sarada frowned at me all the way? What the hell did I do to her? I should be mad at her… For that before… I blushed.

"Boruto, why didn’t you want to go with Kawaki?" She turned to me.

"And why should I? I don’t want to bother them…"

"Isn’t Sumire like your little sister?!"

"I guess…"

"You are unbelievable!"

"Hey, stop being so angry at me! I didn’t do anything wrong-ttebasa!" She frowned at me. This is useless. I can’t wait to be home.

"A-about that before… Just forget about it…" She blushed.

"I did that a long time ago," I lied.

"Fine…" She was upset. I didn't wait for my dad, I came home alone. I don't need him. But when I got home, Dad was gone… Don’t tell me that… No, they can’t start the mission without me! He said they would start it in two weeks! I have to call him! He didn’t pick it up for a long time…

"Boruto? What is it? I’m at work-ttebayo."

"Dad? What are you doing?"

"Just some paperwork, why?"

"Never mind, I just heard about your special mission. Please, take me with you!"

"Boruto… it’s dangerous. You are inexperienced, so you would just get in the way."

"I wouldn’t! I promise!"

"Why do you want to go so badly? Is it because of Sasuke… or maybe Eida?"

"You won’t hurt her, will you…"

"Don’t worry, I won’t."

"I can’t trust you… I have to go with you."

"Fine. But you’ll stay by my side. I can’t let you die."

"Hahah, thank you, dad. I promise I won’t get in your way!"

"You better not! Hmm, maybe I’ll take Kawaki too. He likes Eida too, right?"

"He? No way! He's just hanging around Sumire!"

"R-really? Maybe… Well, I’m relieved. But I’ll take him too. Because of Jigen. He might know something we don’t."

"Okay, I don’t mind."

"If that’s all then say hello to Himawari and Hinata. I guess I won’t come today."

"How unexpected. Goodbye, Dad."

"Bye, Boruto." I hung up. Yes! Dad is so nice! But I’ll go with Kawaki, uhh…

Hinata's POV

"Sumire is badly injured, she’s unconscious and dehydrated…" I didn’t expect this. I had to drink water. I take her as my own daughter…

"Hinata, are you there?"

"Of course, Shino-kun."

"I'll tell you what happened at the hospital."

"I’ll be there in a minute!" Then I hung up. Himawari already goes to school but it's evening, so she's home.

"Mommy, what happened?"

"N-nothing, Himawari, your brother will be here soon. Can you wait for him please? I have to go out for a while…"

"Of course! I have homeworks anyway…"

"Himawari, I thought you already did them."

"Umm, my friends called me…"

"Friends? That’s great! You can invite them some day!" She smiled.

"Yes!" But then I had to leave. Himawari understood. I'd call Neji-nii-san, but he's working with Naruto-kun on the mission, so he doesn't have time now. TenTen-chan vomits a lot now and others don’t have any time. I wish Jiraiya-san wasn't on the vacation… Kurama would be useful too, but he's with Naruto-kun, I don't want to disturb him…

But Himawari can handle it, she's old enough. I guess I'm just scared. Mainly because of our work…

I took the most important things and left. I was in the hospital after a while. I wanted to find a nurse, but I met Shino-kun in front of the entrance.

"Shino-kun!"

"I waited for you, Hinata. Kawaki is being treated now and Sumire is in surgery."

"S-surgery?!"

"Unfortunately, her fractures were more serious than they looked. They have to repair her bones so that they can gradually grow." I had to sit down.

"Tell me you are lying!"

"I’m sorry, Hinata. It’s all my fault… I let them take care of themselves. They are fifteen, and I naively thought they could take care of themselves."

"It’s not your fault, Shino-kun! But… how did it happen?"

"Sumire appears to be a victim of bullying…"

"… bullying…"

"… bullying…"

"Did you see Hinata's eyes? She’s a monster…"

"Hinata‘s such a b*tch! I’m sure she slept with all of the guys in our class!" I was hoping this wouldn't happen to her. What happened to me...

"They took Sumire into the woods and threw her into a crack in a cave… It was a nice height, but Kawaki jumped for her and saved her. Thanks to him, she's still alive…" Kawaki-kun, thank you… I smiled.

"I understand you will be suing them." I shook my head.

"I definitely want to deal with it, but I don't want to hurt them or Sumire. It would definitely only hurt her. But I'll want it to stop! I want to talk to those girls a little. Maybe a little threaten them…" I winked.

"Whoa, Hinata, I didn’t know you can be scary." I giggled. I can't, but when it comes to my beloved children, I can. No one will hurt my family. I went to see Kawaki-kun. Sumire is still in the surgery…