CHAPTER 6

Shivu was silent through most of the car ride. The excitement of the shoot was slowly wearing off and she was now sleepy. If one thing Pugazh knew about his sister it was easiest to get her talking while sleepy. 

"Papa, iniku shoot nala pochu la. Meeting so many new faces was fun."

"Aman ney. Na kooda epdi irukum nu romba tensed a irundhen. I enjoyed alot. Dharsha akka was really sweet." Shivu replies

"Nee tensed a irundhiya? Nethiku full day nalaiku shoot iruku nu gudichindha?" KAppa chuckles. 

"Appa excited dhan, adhukunu tensed a illa nu solla mudiyuma." She yawns.

"Appa, neenga eppo Ashwin meet paninga?" Pugazh asks. 

"Ivaloda dhan. Shoot ponom pa oru naal. Anga Ashwin dhan konjam free ya irundhan. He came and spoke to us, made us feel comfortable. Actually avan Binni ya paatha odane odi vandhan. Avan amma carnatic music neraya kepangalan, he wanted a signature." KAppa recalls. 

"Appa, he took your autograph too. Actually he recognized you before amma. He later told me he was scared to come and talk to you." Shivangi pipes.

"Scared? Na enna pannen?" KAppa laughs and Shivu just shrugs her shoulders and goes back to looking out the window.

"Shivu andha song paadi mudikardu kulla he became close da. Un thangai oda arrear lan clear panna help pannan na pathukoyen." KAppa continues.

"Apdiya? Shivu you had arrears? Nee nala padikara ponnu nu nenachen." Pugazh asked shocked.

"Has Pugazh. Madam ku inum rendu iruku." Shivu whines at her father's comment and glares at her brother who is laughing away.

The rest of the ride went along with normal convo. Pugazh felt he had gathered the info he needed about Ashwin to judge him. If amma and appa trust him so could he. He still wanted to talk with Sharath to know what he had gathered from Rakshan. He saw Shivu call someone just as they pull into her gates and cut after a couple of rings and send a message. He knew it was to Ashwin and was about to ask her something about it when her phone rings.

"Have you reached?" "Ya ya we did. Just now."  "Ok. Good night." He could hear only her side of the convo. "Appa Ashwin reached home." She tells her dad as she walks to her room. 

Pugazh's dilemma only increased now. Was he mistaking his sister's usual behavior for something else? He really needed to know more but at present he knew one thing, even if there was something else brewing her parents trusted Ashwin.  

Sharath had texted Rakshan that he wanted to speak about Ashwin and briefly explained the happenings. Rakshan who had gone home early only saw them the next day and was prompt in calling his friend.

"Solra machan. Ashwin enna panna?" Rakshan quizes

"Dei, what type of a person is he? He seems different around papa to me. Pugazh and I felt it was weird how Shivu was behaving with him."

"Machan nee nenaikara maari lan illa da. Avan romba nalavan. Seekram yaar kitayum pesa mattan. Thats why maybe Thangam is trying to get him to talk. When he signed up for the show he told me he knows Thangam. Neenga rendu perum romba kozhapi kadhinga."

Just then Pugazh calls up Sharath to relay yesterday's happenings. Pugazh was in the guest room of Shivu's house which had now become his room unofficially. Binni ma's reaction on learning about Ashwin was similar to that of her dad. She had even gone further and called up Ashwin to talk to him about the show.

"Machan adhan na sonnen la. He is a good guy. Even if something is up I'm cool with it. In fact I wish something is actually up." Rakshan says. " I know him for almost 3 years now. I might not be his best friend but he talks to me. I'll try asking him indirectly if you are still not satisfied."

Sharath and Pugazh mumble a yes. The trio go on to speak about other things and end their call.