CHAPTER 7

Ashwin had thought a lot about what and how to tell Rakshan. He had told Shivangi he will not mention her name but just say something in general. He saw the problem with the idea. What if that means her brothers think he was just stringing Shivu along for trp and fame. (Thank you everyone who pointed this out to me. I didnt realise the flaw in my plan.) 

The very thought of these things made him shudder. He should handle this in a very matured way and his lady love wasn't making it easy for him. Why cant she just tell her brothers he sighed and slumped back into the couch and decided to talk to her again.

Shivu was fast asleep when her phone wakes her up. She grumbles in her sleep and attends the call without seeing who it is. "Amma, enaku romba thookam varadhu. Please one more hour." She says and cuts the call without listening to the other side. (Please tell me some of you also do this)

Ashwin chuckled hearing her blabber and keeps the phone down. Just as he decides to not tell Rakshan anything at all he gets a call from him. 

Soon after his call with Pugazh and Sharath, Rakshan called Ashwin. He wanted a few answers and knew he was the only one who can clear up everything.

"Ashwin, nethu romba peas mudila. How was your day? Ellam set acha machan?"

"All good da. Nethu dinner modhu dhan konjam thayangine but Shivangi enna izhuthutu poi elar odayum sapda vecha. Thank god she was there. Neeyum illa avalium illana na gali ayirpen. I had no idea what to speak."

"You would have managed da. Seri na nethe kekanum nu irundhen Thangam oda close a nee? Sollave illa!"

"Close ah? Dei indha lockdown 5 months enaku paithiyam pidkadhathu ku ore karanam ava dhan. I can say she is my best friend da." Ashwin replies while thinking 'Ipodhiku idha vechu ota vendiyadhu dhan.'

"Nejamava? Nee yar kittayum pesa matiye avalo seekram. How did you get to know her?"

"I dont talk much but your Thangam talks enough for both of us. Ava dhan vandhu pesi pesi enna pesa vecha. Appa and amma were also really sweet na romba easy ya gel up ayiten." Ashwin answers. "Seri machan nethu important work nu veetuku poniye enna achu? All good?" He asks diverting the topic.

"Ya ya. You know my daughter la, she had some school work. It was my turn to do it with her."

 "Adhu romba important work dhan." Ashwin agrees. "Why have you not told anyone about your personal life? Even off screen many dont know." 

"Nothing much da she doesn't like it. She doesnt want any attention on her or our kid. Oru vaati yadhu na CWC ku koottu vara try panren." Rakshan says.

They spoke for some more time and cut the call. Both the men had found something from the call. Rakshan felt Shivu and Ashwin were good friends, he will not hurt his sister in anyway. While Ashwin realized hiding his relationship on camera was doable. He was also glad to have said something to Rakshan about Shivu. It might not have been the entire truth but he wasnt lying.

Pugazh had finished his breakfast and was loitering around the house wondering what to do. He had spoken to Rakshan and what he said did ease his mind. He still wanted to speak to Shivu but she was fast asleep. He peeked into her room to see if there was any off chance she was just laying in bed. He saw her phone ringing and before he could switch it off to not disturb her sleep she answered it thinking it was amma and went back to sleep. He chuckles at her antics and goes to tell Binni ma Shivu was still asleep and she looked super tired.

"Amma, papa inum thoongatum. Nethu night romba tired pola." Pugazh tells her.

"Na eppo vendam sonnen? I am wondering why you woke up? Go sleep da. I'll wake you in one hour if you want." She replies reading the paper.

"Thookam varala ma paravala. Neenga call panalena Shivu ku yaar panna? One hour thongaren soltu cut panta ma." Pugazh asks.

"Suthom. Idhu paravala usual a kathuva! Yaar andha paava patta jenmamo, kalan garthala call panni thituvangaran." She sighs. "Seri eppo telecast first episode?"

"This weekend ma. I won't be in town. Santhanam anna padam shooting iruku." Pugazh replies.

"Nalla pannu ok va. Indha weekend dhan katchery kanchi la. Nanum appa vum anga poiduvom. Vinay hostel avana pathi kavala illa." She speaks to herself while figuring out a plan on what to do.

"Shivu thaniya va irupa?" Pugazh asked.

"Adhu ava pathupa. Food mattum dhane problem adhayum order panipa. Kooda first episode paka mudiyadhu nu dhan ore varutham." She pouts. 

"CWC group la yaara oru plan poduvanga ma. Avangloda poi pakatum." Pugazh suggests.

"She might plan something with her college and school friends. Pathukalm vidu." Binni ma replies and talks to Pugazh about other things.