CHAPTER 44

GIVING A MATURITY WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER

"Why did we do step 1 if step 2 is this?" Shivangi asked pulling him away from her neck.

"Because I said so. Also because you look sexy and hot. Now let me work on my step 2. Shush." He pecks her lips slightly before going back to her neck.

"What are you doing?"

"I said I'll find a spot on you like you have my mole remember? I searching for it."

"Ashwinnnnnn. I don't have any such moles." She tries to pull him away.

"Aha, found it." He bites her earlobes. "There's one on your earlobe."

"Ashwin, now that you have found it leave me. My one true love is waiting for me." She pushes him and he fakes hurt holding his chest.

"Oru pasta ku irukara madhipu oru boyfriend ku illaye." He dramatically shouts at the ceiling following her to the kitchen where she had kept the boxes she brought with her before coming here.

"Ma, how did you manage to get permission, kadavul setting a?" He chuckles.

"Paati setting ma. Paati edhuvum solla matanga. Na MaKaPa Anna kooda photo edhuthu tharen nu sonnen enaku namba meet panrathuku plan pottu kuduthutanga." She laughs

"Oi idhu enna KD family a?"

"Ada illa pa. Nalaiku distant relatives neraya per varanga. Romba conservative avagal lan. Na vai vechukitu suma iruka matten. Avanga kooda nanum Vinu vun sanda poduvom nu soltu engala pack pantanga veetla. Vinu hostel poitan na inga vanten."

"Semma po. Seri enna plan potruka? Nee plan ilama edhuvum panna matiye."

"Na podla ma. Nee sollu ena panlan?"

"Nejama? My plan?" He asks pulling her chair closer to him. "I have a few ideas. Ena plan nalum ok va?" He slowly cleans the cheese from her lips.

"Cheesy ya sapadlan, nee cheesy ya pesadha. Voice mathu." She caresses his neck holding him closer.

"Kai edhutha voice marum." He holds her hand in place.

"KD." She chuckles.

The two settle in the bed cuddled up watching something on TV which served as mere background music.

"I sometimes feel guilty you know. Like I'm betraying our parents. When we you know do stuff." He confesses something eating him for long.

"Why? That makes no sense to me. I only feel satisfied when doing stuff." She jokes making him chuckle but a blink indicates he was serious.

"Is it because we aren't following societal norms?" She quizzes him.

"Ya. The general idea is you wait. Breaking that makes me guilty at times."

"We did wait." She answers curtly.

"Explain." He nudges wanting to know more.

"It's the person that matters. I waited for my person and so did you. Who cares about a when. The when doesn't make a difference if you know it's your person. See, we both decided on things together. If it was one person deciding without others opinion, guilt makes sense. Also why does society get to dictate terms in a relationship between two people?" She takes a deep breath after her rant.

"I have never thought of things this way. Damn you time and again prove you are the smarter between the two of us." He chuckles. "Looks like you had thought about these things before. Your rant seems like weight of your chest. Any more such things you wanna rant about?" He sits up wanting to give her his complete attention.

"Oh I have many topics like this. Periods, double standards, abuse, relationship, patriarchy, some pre conceived ideas on how one should behave. I can go on. What are yours?" She sits up.

"Interesting list. Double standards and the stereotypes I have the guy perspective to rant about. Actually most of what you mentioned I have a guy side rant for it. You know what bugs me the most? Why men are expected to take the first step." He looks at her looking at him to continue.

"I mean think about it. Two people like each other. Both will be equally nervous, why is the guy expected to take the first step and ask her out? Proposal he should ask. Go out on a date, the guy asks. Big romantic gestures guy does it. It's frustrating."

"It was maybe because women aren't allowed to express their opinions. Even today it scares men when women take the first step."

"They are boys not men. I am very happy with you taking the first step." He pulls her to his lap. "En Rowdy dhan best. Enoda birthday eve oru date plan panni, correct a 12pm ku love lan confess panale. Enna, na ava birthday ku vechunda plan slight a sodhapidchu. But Kumudha happy annachi." He announces making her laugh with him filling the silence of the night with melodious laughter.

HI GUYS HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THIS CHAPTER AND HOPE IT WAS NOT TOO MUCH. LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION AND VOTE FOR THE CHAPTER.

DO CHECK OUT MY OS IN THE CONTEST CONDUCTED BY _Chaaru_ AKKA. MY ENTRY IS 11. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT THERE.