CHAPTER 28

"You love her la? She loves you too. I can see it." Shakthi who had been silent for a very long time asks shocking Ashwin.

"Are we that obvious?" Ashwin asks glancing at the sleeping Shivangi in the passenger seat.

"Very. But don't worry. I won't tell anyone. I find you guys real cute. Pugazh anna might beg to differ." He snickers.

"I don't know what to make of him." Ashwin sighs.

Shakthi was staying back at Shivangi's house. The outhouse of sorts is where Shivangi would crash in after any late night shoots. This was where Ashwin had also quarantined himself.

Ashwin parked his car and woke up Shivangi. Ashwin plans to drop the two inside the house before leaving.

"Ashwin, you can't drive home now. It's too late, you are tired and injured. You ain't going anywhere." She grabbed his keys.

Ashwin pulls out the sofa cum bed for himself and Shakthi had fallen asleep on the dhivan. Shivangi brings her ice pack to be kept for his hand.

"You are super sleepy already. Go to the room and sleep. I'll keep this on my own." Ashwin requests.

"It's ok. Show me your hand." Shivangi sits next to him as he keeps his head on her lap.

"Shakthi knows. He told me we are cute."

"I don't know how to tell amma and appa."

"Inga mattum enavan. Amma and appa are avoiding me like the plague. Idhukum I told them I'm dating someone. They don't even want to know the name. Next week vara. Why don't we sit all four of them down and tell them together?" Ashwin explains his elaborate plan. Not getting any response, he turns to see her face.

"Thoongitiyaaaa? Ivalo neram thaniya va pesitu irundhen? Chei." Ashwin mumbles to himself and gets off her lap, makes her lie down and leans back on the sofa.

"Adichu pota mari thoongudu moonum." K appa comments looking at the three sprawled in different directions the next morning.

Ashwin was curled up in a ball inside his blanket, pillow on the floor. Shakthi was sleeping face down with a leg and hand dangling off the bed. Shivangi was now sleeping diagonally with her legs on Ashwin's, her face covered by a pillow.

He slowly goes around adjusting all three of them. Pushing Shakthi inside the bed. Removing Shivu's legs and making her straight. Adjusts Ashwin's head back to the pillow.

Binni ma was informed that they showed no signs of waking up. "All three are dead tired." K appa informs.

"Pugazh has come? Who is the third?"

"Ashwin. He must have stayed back after dropping them."

"What are you and Devi (Ashwin's mom) planning anyway? I feel bad for these two." K appa asks eating his breakfast.

"Secret. We are having them over for dinner next week when they come here. We'll reveal then."

"Ashwin paavam Binni. Devi and LK outright ignored him after he told them he liked someone."

"Enna paavam. Almost one year a nambala deel la vidala? Oru 4 varam nanga kalaika koodadha? Adhan dinner la namaku theriyum nu sola porom la. Aprom enna."

"Enamo pannuga rendu peruma." K appa sighs stopping the discussion.

'Ada pavingala. Shivu and Ashwin rendu varama epdi solradhu nu mandaya pottu kozhapindha ungaluku erakanave theriyuma. Paavam my sister. Oru pizza ku indha information a namba Shivu kitta vithudlan.' He rubs his hands Nambiyar style.

Vinayak was deep in thought about what Pizza to buy from where when a hand pat his back jerking him.

"Thaniya enna yoschtu iruka?" Pugazh asks.

"Neenga thoongala? I thought you'll wake up only in the afternoon like the three here." Vinayak asks changing the topic.

"Yaaru third person? Ashwina? He is here?" Pugazh asks.

Binni ma interrupts them before Vinayak can reply. "Vinu, go wake them up da. Shakthi has college work and Ashwin has some shoot or meeting at 3. It's already 11."

Vinayak drags Pugazh along to wake them up. He wanted to talk to him about what Shivangi had told him.

"Anna. Amma and appa know." Vinayak tells him stopping him on the way.

"Know what?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Both Ashwin's parents and mine know that they love each other. I know you are a bit skeptical. Trust me, Ashwin is great. These two understand each other like no other."

"You sure they know? They are ok with about it?" Pugazh asks again.

"They are. I just overheard the conversation." Vinayak confesses.

"I'm trying. I really am trying to accept them. I want to. I can see how much they mean for the other person. Its just that Shivu is.." Pugazh tries finding the right words.

"She is a different. She uses his phone, handles his wallet. You know, his fingerprint is registered in her phone and her's in his. She is extremely protective of him. I know what you mean."

"Pavi claims I'm jealous that she allows Ashwin to do so much for her. Maybe I am. Idk." Pugazh just sighs.

"Oh you definitely are. I was too. My 10pm rant slot was pushed to 9 because these two want to romance. I can't begin to tell you how pissed I was."

The duo laugh and make a move to wake the three khumbkarans up.

THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH COMMENTING. I HAVE TRIED CONTACTING THE SUPPORT. HOPING IT WILL RESOLVE SOON