CHAPTER 23

"Pugazh. Edhuvum ala. They just wanted to talk to you." Ashwin speaks as soon as the door opens and Pugazh enters. Ashwin didn't want the other two to pounce on Pugazh.

"Shivu thongitala?" Pugazh asked once he saw her lying on Ashwin's lap.

Ashwin freezes and stops massaging her hands. Pugazh's presence made him extremely cautious.  She shifts in her sleep having lost the comfort of Ashwin's hands.

"Continue. Edhama iruku pola." Pugazh sat on the other chair.

"Edhuku da enna apdi vara sonninga?"

"Dei, iniku fulla papa oru mari irundurka adhu theriyadu unaku? Oru naal patha Master, Pavitra lan kekaranga if she is ok." Sharath tells him.

"Illa da. Tension la.."

"Apdi enada solli vecha? Enala dhan anna unna apdi sonna nu azhara?" Rakshan asks him.

"Machan, adhu onum illa da. Ezhunda odene sonna purinjupa da. I'll speak with her. She'll be ok. Pugazh tension agada. There's no problem." Ashwin butts in.

"Illa Ashwin. Maybe matha vishayam nee sonna purinjupa ana idhu nane dhan avuluku puriya vekanum. I also need to apologise to the both of you properly." Pugazh replies and tries to wake Shivu up.

Shivangi wakes up and smiles at her brother, in a second she realises she is sleeping on Ashwin's lap and jumps away.

"Anna sorry. I didn't wantedly sleep on his lap. Tiredness la thongirpen and ena ezhu pa venam nu he would have been sitting. Ashwin edhum panla." She breathes out.

Pugazh sighs. 'What had he done to his sister? He didn't realise how much his anger might have affected her. He assumed she wouldn't be worried as he had assured her that he was not angry with her. It didn't dawn upon him how much his indifference towards Ashwin will affect her. The passing comment he made about Ashwin had caused her so much distress. Ashwin himself seemed to have understood his anger and moved past.'

Rakshan was shocked by Shivangi's sudden jump. 'Hadn't they just seen Ashwin kiss her sometime back? She wasn't someone to shy away from physical affection. What had this Pugazh said to her?'

Ashwin sat silently. It pained to see Shivangi like this. He had really hopped Pugazh's words didn't have a huge impact on her.

"Papa, I'm sorry da. I'm extremely sorry Ashwin. Nethiku na mean panna vishayam, I regretted it the very next second. I was not thinking straight. Edho oru kovom. Rathri nee thonga pona aprom Ashwin vandu unaku edho kudika kondu vandan, mudugu la othadam kuduthan, yen ippo kooda nee panadha ice gola ku kai vali varum nu kai pidichundrukan. Idhelan na pathum epdi thapa yosipen? I can now see how much he cares for you. Even amma and appa. I saw him make some food for their lunch before we came for the shoot. Ippo solren, nala ketuko Shivu, I trust Ashwin around you. I respect him, and I wish I can take back all the crap I spewed yesterday. I hope the both of you can forgive me." Pugazh smiles at them almost in tears.

Ashwin was the first to react. He hugged him tight, taking Pugazh by surprise. Shivangi was soon to follow. She hugged her brother as tight as possible.

"Anney elan ok. Nee epdi na ice gola panla solla lan? Na evalo thalnen pathela. Kai lan sevenduchu." Shivangi argues trying to lighten the mood.

The other four in the room burst out laughing. Shivangi playfully glares at her brothers. "Ashwineey, enna neeyum sirikara? Na evalo panen!"

He just chuckles in response earning a small shove from her. In that moment everyone knew things were ok. She was back.

"Ashwineey sorry Ashwineey."

"Ippo enna achu?" He asked worried. Her brothers were also confused. They just solved the issue.

"Dei, indha vedhalan yen da thiruba muruga maram erudhu?" Sharath whispers to Rakshan.

"Therliye da!" He whisperes back.

"Cha na epdi marandhen."

"Ma, enatha maranda?" Ashwin was now confused. What did she mean?

"Na evalo dharava mushroom pasta video pathurpen! Random channels dhu, nee panadhu ellan pathurken la. Uppu epdi pa marandhen?" She replies very seriously.

"Enna feeling a? Feeling a nu kekaren? Enaku dhan da feelingu. Enaku dhan feelingu." Ashwin mimics her tone.

"Shivu! Idhu ka ma ipdi tension ana." Pugazh asks trying to control his laughter.

"Idhu oru matter nu nanga discuss panon paru. Chei." Rakshan says dramatically.

"Pesa vasadhi ya irukun nu asa pattu, una comali ya edhuthen paru. Yen budhi ya serupalaye adichukanum da." Ashwin sighs continuing his vadivelu impressions.

"Unaku iva dhan nu theriyuma?" Her brothers ask shocked.

"Ena nu nenachinga? Anda cooker incident ae yen kooda dhan nadanchu. Madam rice vekarenu ratio ya ulta panta. 6 cup arusi, 2 cup thani. Andha sambava tha na epdi marapen. Aiyooo." Ashwin shudders.

"Ashwineey, manatha vangadha. Enaku oru reputation iruku." She pouts making the others roar with laughter.