CHAPTER 38

The heavy curtains were closed shut disallowing even a tiny bit of light into the room. Everything was scattered, folded clothes thrown on the ground. Room reflected the mind of the owner. Dark, messy and confused.

That's how she found him. Head buried under a pillow, face down. "Get the eff out. Whoever it is." He snapped when the slightest amount of light entered through the now open door. Shivangi sighed and closed the door and sat in the hall. She decided to give him some more time.

What had happened today wasn't something new. It wasn't something he hadn't heard about or hadn't faced before. This time it hit different. He was living in this idea that he had made a name for himself and it was broken. He had yet again lost a project. A movie, which he should have been lead had been snatched. He was now the hero's friend or brother. He didn't want to know. Some new starkid had taken the lead.

Shivangi knew what had happened. She had seen him handle similar situations before, but something told her this was different. She wanted to be there. She had driven her scooty in the scorching sun much to the displeasure of her parents. She was skipping her music class.

"Ashwin, it's been 3 hours. Please come out. Can I come in atleast?" She knocked without opening.

"Come." His voice dry. He looked drained. He was clearly affected badly by the news.

She sat next to him silently. He didn't move for sometime. It felt like ages, he suddenly pulled her close burying his face in her lap. She could feel her lap getting wet every passing second. She tried to lift him off her lap to look at him but he wouldn't budge. She just lay her head on his back sandwiching him between her legs and torso.

"Enna achu ma?" She asked once he had calmed down.

"Avlo dhan la? Na enna try panalum enaku lead varadha?" He still didn't move.

"Patta." She manages to lift his face to face her. "Yen ipdi lan yosikara? You know how much talent you possess. Idhu just another hurdle."

"Why doesn't it feel like that? Enaku romba vali kudhu." She unfists his hand which was holding his shirt near the heart.

"Onum illa. Please ivalo yosikadha. You have better things waiting. Trust me. Unaku irukara talent, nee podra hardwork ku you'll go places. Idhuvum kadandhu pogum." She opens his fist placing small kisses on his fingers.

"Should I quit?"

Shivangi was taken aback and couldn't form a sentence to answer him. Ashwin was looking into her eyes in hope for some answer, he could see only shock.

"You'll love me even if I quit?" He asked her. Her eyes softened and fresh tears pooled. She closed her eyes letting the tears fall and immediately opened them again. She was determined.

"I love you ma." She said cradling his face his her arms. "I love you. I don't care what you do, I don't care. I love you no matter what. If quitting makes you happy you should quit. I'm happy as long as you are happy but will you be happy? Will you be ok with quitting? Will you still love yourself? If the answer is yes, you have my complete support."

"I won't be happy." He averts his gaze and holds on to the hands holding his face.

"Then yen adha pathi yosikara? This is just a setback. You will bounce back stronger. I know you."

He snuggles into Shivangi. He looked so small. His 5'11 form was covered by her 5'3. She looked so big right now.

"I'm sorry." He whispers.

"Yen da?"

"I was angry at everyone. I know it was you who came sometime ago. I asked you to get out."

"That's ok. You are hurt. People say stuff. Nee adhu kovathula kooda eff dhan sonna na lan censor lan panna matten." It makes him chuckle.

"Adhu mattum illa." He detangles himself and looks at her. "I was angry with the starkid getting that role just because his mom is a great actor. I was angry with everyone who have someone in the industry. That includes you too la. Adhan I wanted to apologise."

It makes her smile. This man in front of her was very hurt. He had a moment of general hatred to one group of people and now wanted her forgiveness for she happened to be in that group.

Seeing her not reply he thought the worse. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I know how much you have struggled. I know the amount of hardwork you put. I respect you a lot. Whatever you have achieved is through your work. I didn't mean to take anything away from you. You were treated like any other new commer. SS la yoh wouldn't have been eliminated. Ithanaikum judges amma appa friends. You have known them since you were a small kid." He rambles on making her laugh.

"Patta, you are defending me from me. I know these. I also know you didn't mean to hurt me in any way. You didn't hurt me also. I find it cute. I understand your anger. It's justified. Just know that even if people enter because of some contact, they won't last long without talent. But you will. Late a vandhalum latest a varuva. You will stay there on top. I'm not telling this to you as your girlfriend. This is as a fan. As someone who watched telugu serials and ads on loop just to see you on screen. This is as a crazy fan who is waiting to shout when your name pops up in the title card. This is as someone who screamed when I saw your name in Aditya Verma. Ok? As one stupid crazy fan." She kisses his forehead and wipes his tears.

"You know, how many people I know are asking if you have signed any film. Evalo comments theriyuma? SK anna sonaru shooting modhu, it seems a lot of production houses are asking directors if they have script which can be used to cast you. Na poi lan sollala. Nelson anna kooda pesindharu next project pathi apo the two mentioned this. I was sitting there and heard the convo. Nee vena paru, erkanave nee semma sensation ayita indha cwc mudiyarthu kulla nee movies sign pantu kalakuva." She just hugs him.

Ashwin hugs her tighter and continously kisses her. "I am really happy to have you in my life. You are the best. You know what I want without me telling you. I love you. Thank you thank you thank you thank you." He keeps repeating making her laugh.

"Ashwin ivalo thank you lan vendam. Nee ore oru call amma ku pani, una paka dhan vanden soliden. Just tell her unaku udambu serla and na nee epdi iruka nu paka vanden." She tells him.

"Yen ma? Nee veetla soltu varaliya? Na amma kitta unmaiye solren. Edhuku poi?" He asks concerned.

"Na erkanave poi solten. Unaku vomiting ok? Veetla soltu dhan vandhen. Practice miss panren tu thitu vanginen. Nee sonna nambuva that I didn't bunk just to hang out with you."

"Yen ma ipdi. Practice lan miss panra. It's important to practice."

"So are you. Na iniku practice panlena paravala but you needed someone today. I chose the one with more immediate importance."

"Someone illa. Only you. I calmed down because it's you. Seri vidu. Na ipove amma kita pesaren."

"Seri you call her up. I'll fix something up to eat. Oh please poi kuli. Gappu varudhu." She runs out of the room before he could react.

'Enaku evalo panra. I need to do something. She said she isn't hurt that I thought like that but enaku guilty a iruku. I'll plan something for her. Ippo amma kitta pesalan.' He thinks calling up Binni ma and telling her everything. She informed him that she understands and asks Shivangi to stay there tonight as it's already half past 11.