CHAPTER 12

They remained in that position for what felt like hours to them. Ashwin was trying his best to stop her from crying but he himself was.

"Why would you think these? They make no sense ma." He asks adjusting himself to see her face.

"Enna maximum elarum kalaika dhan seivanga. It's either my voice or my looks. I know I'm not that pretty, heck I don't even know how to dress like a girl."

"Adhu matha vanga ma. They don't know you. They don't deserve to know you. Everyone who knows you will tell you how beautiful you are in and out. So what if you 'don't dress like a girl'". He air quotes. "Actually who decides that? Nee ena venumo adha potukara. You don't bother to think what others see because you don't judge the person for their looks. You look into them and that's why you are the prettiest. And your voice, have you heard yourself speak? Adhula irukara innocence, unmai edhula kedaikum? When you sing, everyone even those who tease you for your voice get charmed. You are magical." He wipes her eyes.

"But people have always..." she begins only to be cut by him.

"People Shivangi. People. Not your friends. Not your family and definitely never me. They can say all they want. Nee enkita oru vati enna sonna nyabagam iruka? When I was broken down reading negative comments on social media?" He asks her and she nods no.

"Sab se bada rog, kya kahenge log (The biggest of all diseases, what will people say). Adha sonna Shivangi ya ippo idhelan solra? Epdi na negatives pathi yosika kodadho neeyum adha yosika koodadhu. Idha nee dhane da enake solli kodutha? Unuku nu varache enna achu?"

"Idhu enaku chinna vayasu lendu ketu ketu pazhagidthu. Nejama solren I thought it never affected me. Na padina ena kalaicha vanga summa avanga. Adhu kagave dhan enaku padradhula interest. Ana enake theriyama na ivalo affect ayirken." She answers fiddling with the dummy buttons on his shirt. She couldn't bring herself to meet his eyes.

"Inda maari vishayam dhane ne enkita first share pannanum Shivangi ma. Idha lan nee yen kitta solla yen thayangara? Illa nee avalo comfortablea ilaya en kooda?"

"I didn't want to burden you with my unnecessary crap."

"Patta how is this unnecessary? These are things affecting you. Things which make you feel bad about yourself. Why will it be a burden? Sollu? Na unkita indha maari evalo vishayam share panirpen. Adhalan unaku burdena?" He asks and receives a no in response. "Aprom epdi da unna ivalo affect panra vishayam enaku burden agum? Indha maari lan nenaika dha please. Ena prechanaya irundhalum from the smallest things to these tell me about them. Talk to me. Ipdi manda kulla potu kozhapikadha."

She just nods her head in response still not looking directly at him. He lifts her chin to make her look at him. She tries hiding her eyes in the pretext of wiping her nose. He slowly moves her hand away wiping her eyes and nose himself.

How small she looked in front of him. His 5''11' form in her presence made him feel like Guliver in the Liliput Islands. Her entire face was smaller than his palm. Even now with eyes swollen red, dry lips and snot threatening to spill she looked ethereal. He chuckled at his thoughts making her frown at him. She looked up at him confused.

"Yen sirikara?"

"Epdi ma ivalo azhaga iruka?"

"Ashwineey enadhan enna samadhana padutha nalum oru nyayam vendama? Ipdi tonne kanakula lan poi solla koodadhu." She chuckles.

"Nee namba mata. Inga va." He drags her to the mirror and makes her look at her face hugging her from behind. "Kannu paaru evalo azhaga iruku. Apdiye ena vechu kannu vangama pakara paru phaah. This button nose, apdiye kadikanum pola iruku. Red a cherry mari. Uff your cheeks. Una mariye soft ena uta na unoda cheeks a thotunde irupen." He rubs his rugged beard on her cheeks making her his. "These lips, they look so sexy. They looked like they are craving for me. Ipdi pata enoda ala pathu prettya illa soltiye." He says turning her to face him.

"I.. na.. actually.. ipo."

"Yen ma type adikara? Seri na ippo solren nalla ketuko. No one I repeat no one is as beautiful as you. You are the most beautiful soul inside and out.  Even if someone who you consider smarter and prettier than you exists I don't want them. Enna porutha varaikum such a person can never exist. Ok va?"

"I love you Ashwineey. I really love you very much. Thank you. Thank you." She speaks into his chest sending vibrations throughout his body.

He kisses her forehead and brings her back to the sofa without breaking their hug. He leans against the dhivan making her lie on top of him. He draws circles on her back as his heartbeat sings her to sleep.