CHAPTER 48

"Athai, enna solringa." Her uncle asked shocked.

Paati just pushed the four out wordlessly. "Ashwin, romba late ayidchu iniku inga thoongu. Good night." She tells him and shuts the door behind her.

"Athai, yaro oru paiyan oor per theriyadu. Avana poi son in law nu solringa?" Her aunt questions.

"Ava dha edho tv la olara na neenga support panringa." Her uncle shouts.

The voices slowly became low with increasing distance. This was the last the duo inside heard. Shivangi stiffened having heard that and tried getting out of his hold.

"Ashwin please leave."

"No. Not until you tell me what's wrong."

"I don't know what's wrong."

"Ok. Let's not talk about that then." He announces and adjusts her in such a way that she is facing him. "Sony album song name confirm pantanga. Enna keka matiya?" He pauses for a second. "Seri nane solren. KUTTY PATTAS. Nala iruku la. Enaku keta odane nee dhan mind ku vandha. Kutty ya iruka, pattas maari pada pada nu pesuva." He holds her cheeks and wipes a lone tear.

"Ashwin ena panra ma?" She cries more.

"Nan a? I'm just chilling. Nee ivalo tired a irukiye ma. Thongariya? It's 12am now, shoot vera iniku irundhudu. Inga va." He makes her lie on his lap and massages her scalp.

"Ashwin why do you do so much for me?" She asks.

"Shall I tell you a story? Ketute thoongariya?" He ignored her question. When he received no response he continued speaking.

"Oru oorla oru 21yo ponnu irundhalan. Ava suthi irukaravanga ellaryum sandoshama vechu palan. She'll do anything for her loved ones. She finds happiness in others happiness. She touches the life of everyone she meets. One day she meets this 29yo duffer. That duffer's life turned upside down with her by his side. She stood by him and supported him. She helped him break walls, open up. She supported him professionally and personally. Andha paiyanku andha ponnu mela ekachaka love an. Andha ponnum avana romba love panra. Ena avaluku moola adikadi back adikum. Dhidirnu bayandhurva, kozhapipa. Ipo andha ponnu kita edho nallu per loosu mari olarinatha nambi avaluku ava mela doubt vandhuchu. She's now confused if she loves that guy. This guy tells her only one thing, he loves her. He loved her, loves her and will continue loving her." He slightly kisses her forehead.

Shivangi holds his neck to keep him in place to relish that moment. Tears slide down her face. Ashwin sits back leaning on the wall

"That girl has now asked that boy one question. She doesn't know if she loves him. She describes everything she feels for that guy and asks him if that is love. Asks him not to leave her even if it isn't. Tells him he's too important for her and she can't bear him leaving her. Do you know what that guy tells her?" He asks and she just nods no.

"He feels exactly the same way about her. Whatever she described is how he also feels. So  even he got confused. Then he remembered something she told him. The relationship should be defined only by the people in it. Not their family, friends and definitely not by society." He wipes her tears.

"So now he's here to tell her something. To hell with everyone else. I don't care if this is not what others say is love. I don't care even if you don't call this love. I care about only one thing, you. Do you want to stay with me? Do want to continue this relationship? My answers are yes. If you want the same, we'll just be the same." He holds her cheek.

She just nods kissing his palm and holding her hand over his. "Please say something ma. I understand your nod but want to hear you say it."

"Yes. Yes, I want to stay with you. Yes, I want us to continue." She smiles and sits up and holds his cheeks.

"Then my Kannama, I whatever this is you." He strokes her cheeks.

"I whatever this is you." She hugs him wrapping herself around him.

They moved to a comfortable position with him lying on his back and her lying on top of him holding him tight like a koala. Sleep took over them very soon.

"See, this is why I told you he is the right one for my granddaughter. He's patting her to sleep even after he has slept. Look at how peaceful she looks. Oru 2hrs munna ipdiya irundha?" Paati whispers as she switches the lights off and covers them with a blanket.

Her uncle and aunt look in from the door mildly convinced they were wrong. Binni ma hugs KK pa as he kisses her forehead. "I'll text Devi things are ok." He tells her and she just nods.