CHAPTER 52

The sets of CWC had seen only laughter till then. The finals made each of them emotional. They were all sitting together in the sets not wanting to leave for their houses.

It was almost 2 hours after pack up, around 3 in the night when the first of them dispersed. Ashwin sat in a corner, watching everything and nothing. He wanted to stay with everyone and alone at the same time. This felt like the day he left Coimbatore for Chennai all over again.

When kk pa entered the sets, everyone was surprised, Shivangi included. She, in all the happenings, had forgotten to inform the shoot was over.

"Vanga polan. Inum evalo neram inga okandurpinga?" Kk pa told them all. "Mani, Hussain car park panitu irukan. Sharath, un wife vandurka da. Neeyum Paviyum avaloda ponga. Rakshan, Sharanya va na pick pani kootu vanten. Ava drive panuva." He instructed everyone. "Pasamalar trio thaniya vethala paaku vekanuma? Vanga moonu perum."

"Illa pa, na car la poren." Pugazh says but shuts when he receives a glare from kk pa.

"Saavi kudu. Namba Selvam veetla vandi vitruvaru. Nee en kooda vara. Ashwin, Vinu un car otuvan. Va vetuku." He informs as he collects the keys.

Ashwin was silent throughout the trip home and so was Shivangi. Pugazh had decided to go home with Bala and Shakthi.

Kk pa had the experience of dealing with an emotional Shivangi after a show ends. He knew what to do. Shivangi will mope around for a couple of weeks, post throwbacks and eventually get on with her work. He knew CWC2 was different but didn't expect a lot of problems from her.

Ashwin on the other hand, he had no clue about it. From what he knows about Ashwin in the past 1.5 years is that he is extremely emotional. Doesn't mingle easily, but once the doors open, he can't close them. Lk pa had specifically requested that he keep Ashwin with them for a few days to avoid a breakdown.

"Eniku idhu telecast panra plan theriyuma?" Kk pa asks in hopes of filling the silence.

"Tamil new year nenaikaren pa." Ashwin answered. "Nalla 5 to 7 hours mari poda poradha sonanga."

"Nalla irukum la. Elarum sendhu pakalan. Lk, Devi lan namba kooda pathadu illa la." Kk pa continued only to get a "Hmmm" as reply from Ashwin. "Shivu, nee enna get-up?"

"Pakalan pa." She answers absent-mindedly. Kk pa just sighs and mumbles, "Nee thera matta."

Binni ma was waiting for them to come home. She and kk pa had decided to split the responsibility. Ashwin was hers to get back to normal and Shivangi his. Vinayak's job was to assist the two in this and ensure her other son Pugazh was ok.

The silence was something she expected. She immediately instructed both of them to refresh. She followed Ashwin while kk pa went with Shivangi.

Shivangi, like what kk pa expected, didn't require much. She slept almost immediately snuggling up to him. Binni ma on the other hand had a difficult job.

"Amma." He called out hesitantly.

"Enna kanna?"

"Na Vinu kooda thoongaren. Thaniya dhan daily thoonguven ana iniku enaku thaniya iruka thonala." He picked up his pillow and sheet.

"Theriyum da. Adhan na vandhen. Inga va." She makes him sit on the bed and settles herself before pulling him to lie on her lap. "Nalla thoongu. Na unaku thati kudukaren."

"Ila ma. Neengalum thoonganum la."

"Na madhiyame rathri thoonga mudiyadhu nu thoongiten."

"Kaal valikum ma. Veen shramam."

"Ashwin, valandha paiyanu kooda pakamatten, rendu vekka poren. Padu pesama."

Ashwin could just nod and agree with the usually soft-spoken mom scolding him. He just smiled through his tears, hugging the lap. 

It was around 10 when they all woke up. Binni ma woke up to find Ashwin missing, his bedding neatly arranged, and she was covered with a blanket. She went to check on her daughter and saw the exact opposite. She was sprawled all over the bed and had pulled her dad's blanket to her. Binni ma just chuckles at the difference between the two. She sees kk pa exiting the restroom. He motions for her to come out to talk without disturbing her.

"Ashwin thoonginana?"

"Hmmm. Na ezhinchapa avan illa. Keela poitan pola." Binni ma tells going down the stairs before her husband.

"Amma, appa good morning. Tea or coffee?" They hear a voice from the kitchen. "Dei, flip pannu flip pannu flip pannu.." It continued before they could answer.

The older couple saw their sons making breakfast. "Amma, unaku idly anga iruku." Vinu tells them without looking at them, concentrating on the dosa.

"Vinu nee dhan thirmbara, dosaiya thirupura." Ashwin sighs, looking at him moving his body in all directions in an attempt to flip the dosa.

"Aaahnnn aaahhnnn." He says, continuing whatever he is doing. "Paper roast na ipdi dhan" he huffs.

"Hello guys, tea ah coffee ah?" Ashwin asks again after completing the chutney.

"Coffee da. Sugar podadha." kk pa replies and sits in the dining table. 

Soon the breakfast is got out, and they sit down to eat. "Ashwin yen early ya ezhunta?" Binni ma asks.

"Thookam varala ma. 8 ku ezhundu palakam la. Shivu ku dosa vekkanuma?" 

"Venam venam. Let her eat lunch directly" Kk pa tells him.

"Na yen ezhunden kekariya?" Vinu huffs dramatically.

"Ama la. Why and when did you wake up. Dosa super da" Kk pa tells him.

"Kettu vanga vendirku." He dramatises. "9ish. I actually came down for water. Ashwin thaniya samachindha adhan help pannen. Amma idly na dhan panen." Vinu grins.

"En thangame super da." Binni ma air kisses him.

"Dei idly la enna da panna iruku?" kk pa laughs

"Adhula onnum ila dhan. Ana amma ku dosa pidikadhu idly dhan sapduva nu naan dhane panen."

"Correct. Enaku konjam marantu, ivan dhan sonnan" Ashwin confirms. 

"Na ilama neenga mattum sapadringa" They heard a complaint.

"Seri va apo sapdu." Vinu tells his sister.

"Vena vena aprom thookam varadhu. Na thani kuduchitu thoonga poren. morning 4ku thoongi ipdi active ah irukingale neengaln humans ah. Cha, I'm very disappointed." She tells them.

"Thoonga va." She tells Ashwin

"Aahnn. Oru 10 min. Ne po na saptu varen"

"Illa I'll wait."

Kk pa cleared everything and went to his room with Binni ma. Vinu also went to sleep bidding the younger couple a good night as they entered their room.