CHAPTER 16

Rakshan had woken up in the early hours of sunday morning. He felt comfortable with Ashwin staying back and if he had already done that and her parents knew who was he to question.

This led to another question on his mind did they know? Were they the only unaware party? He trusted Shivangi to be honest with her loved ones and knew that if there was something someone will know. Ashwin was really respectful and responsible and knew atleast he would have made sure to tell someone. With all this in his mind he decided to give the two sometime alone. He could deal with Pugazh's protectiveness later. He just hoped they came clean soon.

Shivangi was up and making her tea when Rakshan had woken up. "Anney yen ivalo seekram ezhunda?"

"Veetuku ponnum illa thangam. Papa rathriye thedirpa. Na una nalaiku shoot la pakaren. Ashwin kitta bye sonnen sollidu. Pugazh evening varen sonnan da."

"Ok anney." She had responded sipping her tea.

Rakshan decided to broach the topic again. Her father wanted more answers and he decided to give another go.

"Thangam, nejama sollu yen azhuda avalo friday aniku? Nee engaloda plan pota aprom dhan low ana nu amma sonanga? Enna prechana da? Nanga edha sonoma? Did Pugazh scold you or something? Nejama solluda. Appa romba tension ayitaru da. Face lan azhudu veengirchu nu sonna. Enna achu apdi? Na yaar kitayum solla matten. Enaku ippo solve achu nu therinja porum."

Shivangi stammers wondering what to tell her brother. She didn't want to lie but telling the truth meant telling him everything.

"We fought." A voice came from behind them. "More like I told her something and she got hurt. We sorted it now." Ashwin told him.

Rakshan looked between the two. Shivangi was staring at her tea almost in tears and Ashwin had moved to stand behind her rubbing her shoulders to calm her. Rakshan noticed how Shivangi was not showing any outward signs that she was crying but Ashwin knew instantly and was calming her down.

"Why? If that's not too personal."

"I was doing something which hurt Ashwin and you all when he wanted to me to stop. That was the fight about. I realised my mistake." Shivangi replies looking at her brother.

"No. I told her a few things in anger. I cut the call and didn't talk to her for sometime. Adhula she started crying."

Rakshan was a silent witness to the 'My mistake, my mistake' game the two were playing. He took a deep breath and asked again. "You both fought but now made up. Adhane? Thangam nee sollu."

"Something like that." She mumbles in agreement.

"Rakshan, I know you figured out things. Can we talk? I want you to know the exact things." Ashwin tells him

Rakshan nods no. "Ippo vendam. From the looks of it inum neenga yaarukume sollala. First amma appa and Pugazh kitta sollu. They shouldn't have to figure it out like me. But Shivu, amma and appa know adhu enaku purinjudu."

"I didn't want anyone to know. Ashwin wanted to tell you all. That's why we fought. He didn't do anything." Shivangi cries holding Rakshan's hand.

"It's ok da. I understand. Enaku idhula endha prechanayum illa. I know both of you and am genuinely happy. I'm just telling you that you need to tell them." Rakshan wipes her eyes and hugs her.

"Odane support ku vara onaku." Rakshan laughs looking at Ashwin. "Nejama ve thangam da. Nalla pathuko."

Overcome with emotions Ashwin pulls Rakshan in for a tight hug squishing Shivangi between them. "Thanks da. You are the best."

"Seri seri podhum. I really have to leave now. Shenba ku piducha food vangi kodu da. Nethu avala vechu enama samalikringa rendu perum. Enna notice pana matten nenchiya?" He asks looking at an amused Ashwin. "Dei nee ipo dhan 1st standard. Na andha school ku headmaster. Yen kitaye va."

"Illa machan adhu.. naa... iva.. nanga.."

"Nee yen da Shivangi oda mosama type adikara. Na ipo kelambaren. Nethi lendhu third wheel pantu iruken. Neenga enjoy panunga." Rakshan leaves the two a blushing mess.

"Ashwineey, I feel happier now that someone knows."

"I know ma. Let's tell our parents and your pasamalr shivaji ganeshan. Ama Vinayak ku theriyuma?"

"Vinayak dhan enake sonnan that I love you." She blushes remembering that and smiles happily hugging her Ashwineey.