CHAPTER 22

The morning didn't bring about much change. Pugazh was still silent about the whole thing, Shivangi and Ashwin had no idea what was in store for them. They were about to enter EVP for the shoot when Pugazh broke his silence.

"Whatever happens outside the set should remain there. Nambala show la paka, namba panra comedy ku neraya per irukanga. Let's do our job first. I'm not against you both. I just don't understand few things. I know with time I'll get to know you and I will accept you. Ashwin, nethiku night na mean pana sila vishyangaluku sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, enaku andha situation la thapa patuchu ana ipo yosicha apdi thonala. I know you care for her alot."

"Thank you Pugazh. And na thapa eduthukala. I could understand what it might have looked like. I'm sorry."

Shivangi just hugs both their hands from the back seat. The trio reached the sets just in time to get ready. They couldn't talk to Rakshan or Sharath. The two of them immediately felt something off with their sister. Yes, she was laughing and cracking jokes but none felt right. Sharath had even called Ashwin, Shivangi oda alu to make her smile and blush. She did but it was for the camera. Any third person wouldn't have guessed but they knew their sister. She wasn't herself today.

The comalis were asked to step into the dark room for pairing. When Ashwin had selected Shivangi, she ran. She ran before they called her. She ran and stood next to Ashwin, she wanted to just hug him.

She was happy with what Pugazh had told her, some improvement but she still felt sad. She blamed it as PMS and was acting outside. But the minute Ashwin picked her as his comali, she wanted nothing more than running into his arms and staying there engulfed in his warm hug, listening to the music of his heartbeat.

Ashwin tried his best to cheer her up. He asked her to sing, played with her hair, he did everything he could think of to make her happy. He even made her favourite mushroom pasta. Watching him cook that always makes her happy.

Ashwin was out of ideas on what to do. Ice gola, songs, him being playful with her, some pda appropriate for tv which doesn't give up anything, mushroom pasta. He had tried it all. Heck he even called her Shivani to make her react but she just corrected him so silently many wouldn't have picked it up.

Shivangi had once told him that watching him cook soothes her. She had recorded many videos of him cooking just to watch them later.

"Shivangi ma, nee yen na samaikarche enna apdi pakara? That look makes me feel like I'm the only person alive. Everything around us disappears and I can see only you." He had asked her once.

"Enaku therla Ashwin. Something in you makes me look at you like that. Idk if it's the love with which you cook or the way your eyes shine passionately when you cook. I really don't know. But nee sonna mari the world disappears and I can only see you. This is like my happy place. By your side as you cook." She had replied.

Ashwin needed help. He had done everything he could but Shivangi was in no mood to become normal. He wanted to know what's going on inside her brain to even try to solve it. Her brothers, they'll know what to do. He immediately alerted Rakshan and Sharath, it's not like he needed to tell them, they knew.

The minute they packed up she was called by many on the set to ask if she was ok. Rakshan and Sharath dragged her to the nearest room to speak with her.

"Thangam, enna da achu? Pugazh edha sonnana? Yen ipdi iruka?"

"Illa ney. Anna edhum sollala. Nanga nethu soltom avar ta. He was angry, disappointed, he scolded me but heard us out. Iniku karthala he said he is ok with everything, but will take time to accept completely."

"Idhu nala vishayam dhane papa. Pugazh romba kova paduvan nenachen. Nee yen da ipdi iruka? Avan sonadha pottu kozhapikadha." Sharath tells her.

"Therliye. Edho maari iruku. Enaku guilty a iruku nethu lendu. I don't know what to do. Nethu night thokam seri ilaya elan sendu paduthudu. Na ok dhan." Shivangi assures her brothers and was about to leave the room when Ashwin enters.

"Patta, nee inum Pugazh ena pathi sonadha yosikara? Ma adha nane maranten." Ashwin asks holding her hands.

"Illa. Anna enna nala dhan apdi nenacharu. Na dhan karanam. I first hid things from him and then I asked you to stay with me. Adhunala dhane, unna pathi thapa nenacharu. Nee vera room, ilati vera engya irundha apdi una pathi solirka mataru dhane." Shivangi cries sitting down on the bed.

"Shivangi ma, we discussed this. Your reason was and is valid so please ada pathi yosikada. About me sleeping in your room, nethu neeye enna poga solindalum na poirka matten. I don't mind the world thinking of me as some cheapo, if that means I could have stayed by your side and helped ease your pain." Ashwin holds her hands and kisses them before pulling her in for a hug.

Shivangi continued sobbing for a while before she slept off in the hug. Ashwin looked at Sharath and Rakshan who had many questions. They wanted to meet Pugazh right now and sort this out.

Shivangi was hurt and it was about something Pugazh had said. They didn't care who it was, their baby girl was crying and was hurt. Pugazh has to answer to them and apologise to her. Rakshan was quick to dial his number and asked him to come to the room they were in.

They settled on the sofa while Ashwin sat leaning on the wall and Shivangi sleeping on his lap. He was gently massaging her hands which had worked extra hard to make golas.

PHEW! THAT'S A LONG CHAPTER. VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS.

NEXT CHAPTER MIGHT BE ON TUESDAY, IF LUCKY THEN MONDAY LATE NIGHT.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING 💜