CHAPTER 9

"Thaniya vantiya? Video call podatuma?" Ashwin asks.

Shivangi hums and switches to video. Ashwin could see her in her natural look. The usual messy bun, tshirt and tracks. How could she be so beautiful every breathing second he thought. Shivangi was staring unabashedly at her man who looked like a Greek god. Suddenly self aware Ashwin clears his throat.

"Enama ipdi sight adikara?" He chuckles.

"Yen nee ipo adikala? Na enna yarayova adikaren. Unna na adikalena yaar adipa?" She states.

"Vera yaarchum adicha enaku ipdi kulu kulu panadhe. Unala mattum dhan adha panna mudiyum." He winks.

She blushes and gives him a toothy grin. "Why had you called?"

"Oh ya. I forgot that paren. I spoke to Rakshan. More like he asked me about you, how I know you, how close are we etc. Na nee en best friend nu sollirken. I didn't tell anything about relationship. He shouldn't think I love someone else and just stringing you along for fun. So nee adhuku etha maari pesiko avanta. Ok va da." Ashwin narrates.

"Ahn. Ok Ashwineey. You are the best." She grins.

"Ahn." He imitates her. "Enna panalum epdi ivalo cute a iruka. Enalamo panra da enna."

"Po Ashwineey." She whispers.

"Seri sollu enga meet panlan? Inga variya?" He asks her.

"Enaku ok. Na vandila vanduren. I'll inform at home." She replies.

They spoke for a few more minutes after which Ashwin went to speak with potential directors and Shivangi tried studying. It was late evening when she came out of her room. She had managed to catch up on 2 weeks worth of studies and even napped. Pugazh had left for his house.

"Ma na padichachu. Anna enga?" She asked.

"He left when you were sleeping da. He asked you to call him. Did you and Ashwin plan anything?" Amma asks.

"Yup. I'm going to his place on both days. Na anna ku call panni pesaren." She replies calling her brother. "Hello anna yenkita solala? Ezhupirkalan la."

"Edhuku? Kalaila andha call panaven thitu vangina mari vangava?" Pugazh chuckles.

"Anna Ashwin ae kandukala nenga yen feel panringa?" She whines.

"Ada pavame. Andha pava patta janthu avandhana 😂😂." He laughs. "Shivu na unkita oru mukiyamana vishayam pesa dhan koopten. Nee batuku Ashwin crush nu lan sollita, amma appa lan onu nenaika matangala. Ashwin un close nu solra. Avan edha nenachuka poran."

"Amma appa ku theriyume. Na avan kittaye erakanave sollirken. Ashwin lan edhuvum nenaika mattan." She replies earning a sigh from Pugazh.

"Show enga paka pora?" He asks.

"Ashwin veetla. Amma ok soltanga. I'll be watching the episode there and have dinner." She replies.

Pugazh though comfortable with Ashwin as her parents trust him and know him was still reluctant to leave the two alone.

"Apdiya. Illa Rakshan um Sharath um plan podalan sonnaga adhan keten." He says.

"Oh apdiya." She humms. Pugazh finds that weird as Shivu is always ready for any plan involving Rakshan. Her non committal reply and lack of invitation bugged him. 'What is she hiding.'

"Enada sendhu pakarengala?" He probes.

"Enaku ok na. Ana Ashwin veetla podra plan ku na epdi ok solla mudiyum?" She tries to escape on a technicality. She really wanted some time with Ashwin. He had mentioned wanting to talk to her about something important and even otherwise who wouldn't want to spend alone time with their boyfriend.

"Apdina plana namba veetuku mathidu. Ashwin inga varuvan la. That's not a problem right. Amma appa edha solluvangala? Na vena pesaren." He tells.

'Yov anna yen ipdi paduthara.' She thinks. "Illa veetla edhuvum solla matanga. Na Ashwin kitta pesaren." She mumbles.

"Call him now." Pugazh suggests and she begrudgingly accepts.

Ashwin picks up the call in the first ring. "Hi baby.." he is cut off by Shivu.

"Ashwin Pugazh anna is on call." She talks over him.

"Aloo sapduviya? Baby aloo for dinner ok?" He blabbers.

"Ya I'll eat them." She replies thanking her stars for blessing her with such a smart boyfriend.

"Ashwin hi. Na Pugazh."

"Hi. Sollunga bro edha vishayama?"

"Onnum perusa illa. Rakshan and Sharath wanted to plan something for the first episode screening. Na shooting poren. Shivu sonna neenga rendu perum plan potrukinga nu. I wanted to ask if those two could join you. Shivu is ok with it being in her house" Pugazh asks.

Ashwin not really knowing what else he could say agrees. If he says no then they might question why he wants to be with Shivangi alone. He decides it's best to just agree with her brother's plan.

"Ya no problem. Sharath is the reason I won this week and Rakshan is a close friend. I have no qualms." He replies.

The trio end their call and Pugazh promtly calls up his friends and informs them of the plan he has made for them.

"Machan romba yosikara enagalayum nalla kothu vidra." Sharath complains.

"Thangam avana ivalo nambara also amma appa. Nee yen ivalo tension ara?" Rakshan asks him.

"Dei enaku enamo thonudu adhan. Please da. If I am free I myself will be there. Do this for my peace of mind." Pugazh requests to which they agree.