CHAPTER 40

"Hey Chuk chuk chuk! Yahan kya kar rahi ho?" (What are you doing here?) A dashing man asked Shivangi.

"Chuk chuk chuk a?" Ashwin exclaims and Shivangi hits his chest with the back of her hand softly indicating him to shut up.

"Hi. Main main main.." (I I I) she stammers.

Ehan Bhat laughs out loud making Ashwin even confused. 'Yaaru da nee.' He thinks.

"Koi nahi. Agar chupke chupke mil rahi ho toh yeh jagah teek nahi hai. Sutta marne yahin athe hain sab." (Don't worry. If you are meeting in secret, this is not the place. People come here to smoke.)

"Oh. Mujhe yeh pata nahi tha. Thank you." (I didn't know.) She smiles at him. "This is Ashwin and this is Ehan. He was the guest during the launch." She introduces them.

Ashwin smiles and shakes hand with him. Giving him a small hi.

"Bye Chuk Chuk chuk, main chalta hoon. Fikar mat kar kisi kuch nahi kahunga. Phir milenge." (I'll take leave now. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone anything.)

He grins and ruffles her hair, nods at Ashwin and leaves the place. She grins back with a blush and waves a bye to him as he turns after walking a few steps.

"He was flirting with you." Ashwin whines.

"No. He was just being sweet." She smiles at her whiny boyfriend.

"He was. I saw and heard him." He stomps his feet.

"Ashwineey, you don't even understand the language to know what he told me." She laughs pulling his cheeks.

"Idhu kagave unaku therinja language ellan kathukaren. Vera language la un kooda othan kadala podran adhu kooda theriyama nee pestu iruka. Aman adhu enna chuk chuk chuk?" He pouts more.

"Kathuko kathuko. Na iniku avanta show la Alaipayuthe dialogue sonnen. Train one. Adhunala en per vechan." She explains to him knowing very well he will now whine.

"Shivangiiii. This isn't fair." He whines just like she knew he would.

She laughs out loud taking him from that place back to the sets. Few CWC comalis were there with whom she sits. Ashwin is still pouting and complaining.

"Angalin adayala chinamae, edhirku indha sogame?" Bala asks looking at him.

"Adhuku karanam un thangai seidha drogamae?" He dramatically points his finger to Shivangi making her glare at him.

This answer was totally unexpected making them all turn and stare at Ashwin. They look between the two of them.

"Rhyming nala irunchu adhan edho adichu vitten." He grins sheepishly.

"Romba kevalama samalikara da." Mani comments making the glare on him intensify.

Ashwin pleads with his eyes to which she can't help but smile. He grins happily that she is no longer angry. The rest look between the two hit their heads and walk off.

"Nalla olara." She scolds him.

"Oru flow la." He smiles at her in an attempt to woo her.

"Kashtam kashtam." She says and walks away to her group.

"Avan enna sonnan nu soltu po." He shouts after her but no use. He joins the group.

"Sutta na meaning enna?" He asks generally to the group, hoping someone knows enough hindi to help him understand what the two spoke.

"Thirudradhu." Mani answers confidently.

"Poona. Namba sutta illa hindi sutta." Ashwin explains.

"Yaaru suttalum thapu dhan." She replies making him glare. "Adhu edhuku unaku nu nee sollu na meaning solren." She tells him.

"Vera yarkachu theriyuma?" When he recieved no answer he turned back to Mani. "Pleaseeeeee." He asks again causing her to laugh and nod.

"Cigarette nu artham." She tells him.

'Aiyo ippo inum kozhambudhe. Enna sonnn purilaye.' He thinks to himself and looks confused making Shivangi laugh out loud.

He fake smiles at her and goes back to watch the show. Soon it's time to leave and Ashwin drops Shivangi. The drive back home was unusually silent making Shivangi laugh out at certain times.

"Chumma car side la niruthu." She told him.

"Yen? Edha prechanaya?"

"Adhalan onnum illa. Nee niruthen na sollren."

He stops the car and looks at her.

"Nee monjiya ipdi vecha enaku paka comedy a vum iruku, pavam a vum iruku. Na ivalo neram otiten unna so ippo solren." She pulls his cheeks.

"Aahn sollu." He grins showing all his teeth.

"Secret a meet panra na indha edam vendam. Inga smoke panna elarum varuvanga nu sonnan. Yaar kitayum nambala pathen nu solla matten num sonnan." She tells him making him hug her out of happiness.

"He didn't flirt." He grins embarrassed.

"Adhan nananum sonnen. Nee enga keta." She huffs and laughs at his cute antics.