CHAPTER 11

"I'll just check in on her. It's so weird how silent she has been." K appa says and goes to check on her.

The room door was open and she was fast alseep. He goes near her and adjusts the blanket over her and keeps her mobile away. He could see her face was swollen still and figured she had been crying. Not wanting to disturb her he quietly leaves her room for his.

"Binni, she has cried. Moonji lan veengirku. Pugazh ku phone podu. Enna prechana nu enaku ippove theriyanum."

"Adhalan venna. Pugazh thoongatum. Enaku correct a theriyadhu but ik it has something to do with their plans tomorrow. Neenga tension aga dhinga. Ena problem nalum ava pathupa. If it is something else na kooda no problem. Ashwin, Rakshan and Sharath will be here tomorrow. They'll take care."

"How are you so calm? I'm telling you ava moonji lan sevandurku."

"I heard her singing sometime back. Movies dialogue kooda she was saying sometime back.  As usual 10pm Ashwin kitta pesirpa. I'm telling you things are fine."

"If you say so. Edhukum Rakshan kitta ava mela oru kannu vechuka solren. Ilena enaku nalaiku kutchery la enaku okara mudiyadhu."

When Shivangi woke up at 7 the next morning for her usual practice she saw her house was empty. Her parents had left for Kanchi and would return only on Monday after 5 back to back concerts.

She makes herself a sandwich and starts her singing practice. She had been practicing for a good 3 hours before she realised the time. Ashwin will be home anytime. She rushed to get fresh.

Just as Kadavul Setting would have it, she was ready just in time for him to ring the bell. She was dressed in a jean and a geeky quote tshirt and he in a V neck grey tshirt and jeans. The minute she opened the door she was pulled into his chest by his strong arms.

"I'm sorry." Both whisper at the same time earning a small laugh from both. They enter the hall and sit facing each other in a three seater.

"I want to clear something first. Nethiku I was angry with you that doesn't mean I won't talk to you. Nee ipdi lan yosipe nu dhane I sent you those messages? Yen ivalo overthink panra?" He asks holding her cheeks in his palms.

"I.. I.." she stammers. He just shakes his head and continues speaking.

"I love you and you mean the world to me. I can't think of living a day without your presence in my life let alone a lifetime. That in no way means we won't fight. Idhoda periya sanda podlan or we might even fight on what to have for dinner. These will only increase our understandings ae thavira they won't cause me to not love you. Honestly nothing can. Purinjida?" He asks pecking her forehead.

She just humms in response wiping her tears. "Namba ipdi munadi sanda potadhe illa. It has been about only some silly things. Adhan na bayanten."

"It's ok. Ipo sollu, nee yen yaar kitayum solla vendam solra? Adhukana real reason sollu."

"Adhu.... adhu.." she stammers some more trying to figure out her words.

"Our families know us and I know for a fact they will be ok with us. So reason adhu illa. Nee dhan edho yosichu mandaya kozapara."

"I'm sacred." She admits.

"Of what? Enna porutha varaikum there's only these things. One, you are not sure you love me." His voice breaks.

"No no. I love you. I love as much as I love music maybe even more." She immediately replies.

"Then you think I don't love you." He says now crying along with her.

"I know you love me. I won't ever think that." She whispers.

"Then what is it?"

"I'm not pretty enough. I sometimes wonder why you love me. I know you do but I'm not the prettiest or the most intelligent girl you can find. Nee oru gem Ashwineey. Why would you be with me? I sometimes feel you deserve someone who is prettier, smarter and better than me. I don't think I deserve your love." She whispers which would have been inaudible if they weren't sitting so close.

The minute she finishes her sentence Ashwin's hands which were slowly dropping down from her face to her lap lost contact with her. He was so shocked and hurt he couldn't do anything for a few seconds.

'Why is she even thinking these things? How could she? Why has she never told him these before? Was she so uncomfortable with him that she couldn't share this with him? How had he not noticed this?' His mind was hurling questions after questions and they did nothing to calm him.

His subconscious automatically took over for him and did the only sane thing it could. He held his girl in his arms. Hugging her close to himself half hoping if they can hug tight enough they'll merge into one entity.