CHAPTER 45

After we had finished our noodles we decided to continue our walk. I was walking along the end of the sidewalk and Jun-Woo held onto my hand tightly so I wouldn't fall. "So do you know who Dong-Wook is getting married to?" he asks while looking forward as he walks "nope and it actually never really slipped my mind to ask" I tell him and he hums. "Well then I guess we'll find out soon." After a bit more walking Jun-Woo stops and grabs me by my waist and starts to swing me around. As we are in the middle of laughing and having the time of our life's the fun was soon broken by someone clearing their throat loudly. Jun-Woo slowly puts me down and I turn to look at the person and my eyes immediately widen. "Oh cheeses. Let's go over there" I grab onto Jun-Woo's hand and try turning the other way "I saw you Citrus do not avoid your own mother" I turn back around "I'm not avoiding I'm simply just ignoring you" I roll my eyes turning back to Jun-Woo "can we go" I say and as Jun-Woo was about to speak my mom makes her way towards us "why don't we go and eat. I can see lots has happened after I left to America with your father" she looks at Jun-Woo in discust and starts to walk away and then motions us to follow. "Do you want to go" I ask Jun-Woo. He smiles "if you feel uncomfortable we don't have to." I sigh but before I could say any more my mother yells out "let's go you two we don't have all night" I scoff and grab Jun-Woo's hand "I don't think we actually have a choice." As we get to a nice restaurant we got seated on a table next to a wide window. We order our food and my mom begins a conversation. "So who are you" she says and points her finger at Jun-Woo rudely. "Oh I apologise ma'am I am Jang Jun-Woo and I am your daughters boyfriend" he introduced himself and my mother just nods and continues "how long has this been happening" she motions a finger at both of us and Jun-Woo answers "for a couple months" he grabs my hand and caresses it softly which makes me smile. "So why are you guys here" I ask before my mother got the chance to ask any more. In the beginning I thought it was only my mom who'd come to visit but turns out my father was brought along aswell. They must be here for something really important in order for my dad to come he never misses work. "Dong-Wook invited us to his wedding." My father response with a smile. My dad has always been the good parent while my mom acts like a SELFISH BRAT. "Do you happen to know who the bride is I haven't really asked. I actually didn't even know he had a girlfriend in the first place." Me and my dad start to laugh. When we calm down he responds "yes actually the bride is-" "not you" my mother cuts in "excuse me" I say and she repeats pausing at each word "I. said. Not. You." She takes a drink of her water and I scoff "and what wrong with that. Dong-Wook found his happiness and I found mine" I look over at Jun-Woo with a smile. My mother laughs sarcastically and says "I have told you for more than plenty of times during the past years the only man I'll allow you to be with is Dong-Wook. What does this man even do" I tighten my grip on Jun-Woo's had and he seems to notice. I mean why wouldn't he I'm like close to braking his hand. "I am a second hand CEO at The Babel Company ma'am-" before Jun-Woo was able to finish my mother cuts in "second hand. You can't even make it to main CEO" she scoffs and Jun-Woo continues "I was but I decided it was best to pass the company on to my little brother Han-Seo" my mom rolls her eyes and says "what happened couldn't handle being the big dog-" I stand up slamming my hand in the table. "You left 6 years ago and you want to all of a sudden come back and tell what to do and what not to do. Even on the person who I should love ahs to be approved by you. Who exactly do you think you are." She then stands up in rage "I am your mother" I scoff "well you did a pretty bad job at being a mom" her eyes widen and she gasp "listen this is the last time to say that to me-" I slam my hand once more cutting her off "no you listen to me. You are no one to come and tell me what man I should be with. I love Jun-Woo and I WILL marry him one day and there's nothing you can do about it. So deal with it. I am 25 years old mother I am not a child I will not listen to you any longer." I grab my bag and coat and Jun-Woo does the same getting the memo that we were leaving "once the wedding is over do me a favor and don't call me, don't visit me, don't ask for me, don't even mention me. I want nothing to do with you." I say. Jun-Woo stands up and bows "I promise to take care of your daughter." He stands up straight and intertwines our hands together and we walk out. As soon as we make it to the nearest park i stop in my tracks and hug Jun-Woo tightly. "Why the sudden hug" he says laughing but hugs me back with hesitance. "I'm sorry" I say. He sighs and grabs my chin to lift up my face "there's nothing for you to apologise about." This time I sigh "she always had that thought in her brain that I would end up with Dong-Wook just because of how close we were. But me and Dong-Wook never saw each other that way. She doesn't get it" I explain and he kisses the tip of my nose. "Answer me honestly. Do I make you happy" "yes" "do you see a future with me" "yes" "do you love me" "yes" I reply to all his questions without hesitation and he smiles brightly "then I don't have to worry about anything" he hugs me tighter and looks down at me "you really fought for me back there" he laughs and I do aswell "just like you would do anything for me. I'd do anything for you" I peck his lips and before I could pull away he pulls me closer. "We are not inviting them to our wedding" he says as we pull way "nope we aren't" we laugh and go back into to loving kiss we wished wouldn't end.