Kabanata 41

Kabanata 41

Two can play the game

Pumunta si Victoria sa maraming tao. She wanted to rush to the hospital but she needs to do her job first. She cursed so loud when she got to the main hall. Maraming ambulansya doon. Ang ibang mga sundalo, nilalayo ang mga imbitadong media na kumukha na ngayon ng kanya kanyang scoop.

Bumalik na ang kuryente kaya kitang kita sa paligid ang kaguluhan. Maraming basag na baso, dugo at mga bala ang naroroon. She sighed and looked at the place. She's sure na imbitado rito ang mga kaanib ng mga taong dumukot kay Samuela.

"May lead na ba sa kung sino ang dumukot kay Samuela?" tanong niya kay Jacob.

Jacob nodded.

"I heard they are called nightshade. We were called here. May anonymous na nagbigay ng tip na may dudukutin sila sa gabing ito." Paliwanag nito.

"How did you know about the tip?" Kuryusong tanong niya sa binata.

"Someone threw a piece of paper sa station. I called you but your phone was off. Tried to call Gregory too. I felt that it's true so we rushed here and turned out we're late."

Tumango si Victoria.

"May isa sa mga suspek na imbitado. I was attacked by a woman. Judging from the clothes she's wearing, high-slit dress 'yon. Where's Athos? I need to talk to him." Aniya at nilingon ang paligid.

"He went out with his team. They're trying to look for Attorney Montecillo."

Victoria sighed. She guessed that it can wait. General Querio was there talking to high-rank officials. Victoria helped ushering the guest to go home. Jacob was with her.

"SPO4," Aniya ng makita ang CCTV. Jacob looked at her.

"Do you think we can request for a CCTV footage?" she asked.

Umiling si Jacob.

"They hacked to the system on the time of the shootings. Previous hours lang ang nakita nina Major kanina. Nothing suspicious."

Tumingin si Victoria at tumitig sa binata. She doesn't care kung putol man iyon. She needs to see the footage minutes before.

"That's okay. I need to confirm something." sabi ko.

Jacob assisted her for the footage. Nasa kinauukulan na iyon pero dahil parte sila ng imbestigasyon ay nagawa niyang mapanood ito. Every corner of Querio Mansion was equipped by CCTV. Nakatayo siya habang pinapanood iyon.

"Stop then play it slower." utos niya sa isang footage.

That was the part where they came in. Pinagmasdan ni Victoria ang paligid nila. She saw Hannah Vigomar standing behind them. Kasama nito si Lieutenant Colonel Vigomar. She was looking at Victoria's back habang sinasalubong siya ng mga Querio.

"What exactly we are looking for?" Ani Jacob.

Tahimik si Victoria na pinagmamasdan iyon. After seconds, gumalaw ang frame at naglakad si Hannah exposing that she's wearing a high-slit dress with crystal lining.

She's really doubting her but she needed to see this to confirm. Hannah has been vocal about their involvement with the Villafuertes before and how they blackmailed her family.

"Something's not right." Bulong niya at kinuha ang isang gunting na naroon para sirain ang long gown na kanina pa niyang suot. She doesn't have the time to go home now.