10.

Scarlet's pov.

"He fired up a fat boy and he passed it around."

Toby Keith — Weed With Willie

-

Harry walked inside.

Even though Zayn was his friend, he probably frequented his house for years and I'm just a hook up to Zayn, I asked myself; how dare he walk inside?

He was there, his stern self but yet casual walk to the library. I could kill him with my eyes. I hope I am.

He notices my deadly stare. "Hello", he stopped.

"Hi", I softened my stare before Zayn noticed me. I fake smiled to him.

They both got inside and for a second I think the tension between us pinched my neck.

"You didn't roll yet?" Harry asked, staring at the table and all the weed laying on top of it loosely. Zayn shrugged next to him.

He looked different, way more casual than I had ever seen him. He was wearing a white tshirt with a few hand patterns drawn in it, light brown boots and black skinny jeans. With that shirt, I discovered more tattoos that looked more like sketches when looking at them all together, but beautiful pieces of art individually. Effortlessly handsome. But I didn't get myself softened up over it.

"Can you roll a joint?" He looked at me, pretending like nothing has happened. Like we just met for five minutes a few nights ago. Bastard.

"Of course", I lifted my brow, feeling my jaw clench.

"Well, then show m- My camera!" He interrupted himself, surprised. Why was he acting so casual? Why wasn't he pissed? Why? That was driving me insane.

"That's been laying out there for days", Zayn commented.

"I thought I lost it, why didn't you tell me?" I felt a hint of anger on Harry's voice, which somehow made me less angry. Weird.

"I don't know", he shrugged.

An awkward silence filled the room, all of us staring at some corner avoiding eye contact at all costs.

After a few seconds, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Uh- do you have more polaroids?" I asked directly to Zayn.

"I have some old ones in a drawer somewhere", he said, searching the right drawer with his eyes. "I think it's this one", he opened a particular one.

And all those frames of different shapes and sizes were kept there, with a thin coat of dust, forgotten. I grabbed a few with my hands and took a good look at each one of them.

One had Zayn sticking his tongue out, with his arms around Louis.

The other I recognized Zayn, making thug faces with a friend that looked like Harry, but didn't. He had glasses on and also made faces and had a pout to his lips.

"Is that Harry?" I asked Zayn.

"What?! Give me that", Harry took the picture from my hand and stared at it.

"Nice hair", I mocked him.

"I looked cool, alright?"

"Also, younger."

"Hey", he displayed an offended expression and I couldn't tell if he was kidding or not.

"Let's roll this joint, shall we?" Zayn rubbed his hands together and he and Harry got to it, standing around the table.