26.

Scarlet and Harry.

Probably the most complicated relationship ever written. So stubborn, the two of them. Like every other human being, they are unhappy because they make things that are plain white simple turn into a bloody grey mess.

Of course, Scarlet did everything she could to let the image of Harry go away - that he managed to superglue it behind her eyelids. She tried, but things got harder than she thought.

The absence of him hurt her so much she could barely feel anything except the pain.

They weren't ever meant to be. A tumour of fate. A mistake.

But fate is also a stubborn child that won't learn from its mistakes.

That is, when it manages to bring them to meet one more time.

Harry and Scarlet.

She wanted to see him again, he disguised his true intentions with the cold blooded man he thought he was.

But they knew when that last time happened by the end of an afternoon and the beginning of a night time in Scarlet's apartment, it wouldn't be the last time they would meet.

It wasn't that hard either. You don't need fate for that to happen when you're chasing after his best friend. Maybe Scarlet did that unconsciously, dating his best friend just so she could be one step away from him instead of breaking any possible bond. Maybe she's really trying to like what's good for her, what she thought would make her better instead of constantly punching herself in the face with her life choices.

Believe what you want. They're all true.

So of course Scarlet was content when she heard that it was that dude Louis' birthday party this weekend and Zayn told him they would bring pot brownies even though he hasn't got a clue about how to bake.

Scarlet was content that she would get to play house with Zayn's friends one more time, so she could pretend she could ever belong to his world even if it was for just a few hours.

Zayn told her it wasn't anything too fancy, that Louis was throwing a regular house party, just the way he likes it. With a lot of drugs. And sex. And girls making out with girls. Boys grinding on whatever arse they could find.

Mayhem.

Scarlet wasn't dumb. She knew that he would be there, even though she tried to avoid that thought as long as she could. But she ended up with a mess of clothes around her apartment again, just like every other time she knew she would see him. She just wanted to show him that she was happy and has never been so good, even though none of this was true. Her heart was a mess. Shattered in a million pieces that she tried to pick up and tape it back together for the past weeks. She doesn't know if her fragile heart can take another swing.

Harry, on the other hand, has no idea. Of anything, really.

-

Scarlet's pov.

"Wish you knew that I miss you too much to be mad anymore."

Taylor Swift - I wish you would

-

The doctors told me I was suffering from drug abstinence. They told me this was normal, and to not aggravate it, I should get a hobby, join a support group or get a new life activity. Idiots.

I was suffering, alright.

But drawing wasn't helping anymore. Nothing was helping. Talking about it wouldn't help.