32.

Scarlet's pov.

"You make me wanna die, I'll never be good enough."

The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die

-

I felt depressed today. I was so tired of everything. My whole life has been exhausting, there's always those days when you just want to stop living for a while then bounce back.

I didn't give the best of me on my individual dance today, if anything, I just stood there and moved my hips while taking my clothes off. I just wanted the night to end, but I still had to do lap dances.

It took me insanely by surprise when I found out who was my first client, my jaw fell and my hands covered my mouth.

"Zayn? What are you doing here?" I asked him, completely ignoring the music that I was supposed to be dancing to.

"I'm here to see my girl", he got up from the sofa and slowly came closer to me. He took my waist with a smirk.

"That's ironic since, you know, you haven't spoken to me in three days", I pushed him away with my hands, successfully making him break his touch.

"I know, I know. I've been incredibly busy. Why didn't you come by, though?" He furrowed his brows.

"Why didn't I come by?" I was getting pissed at his tone, pretending he didn't know what I was talking about. "Why didn't you come by, you twát? Why don't you ever come by?" I raised my voice.

"I already told you, I've been busy!" He did the same with his, except that he was way more intimidating than me.

"With what? God, just admit it. Why don't you like my house? What's so wrong about it?" I was straight and clear with him. I was in no mood for bullshit.

"What?" He furrowed his brows even more. "Where did you get that from?" He took a step forward and touched my waist again, softening his voice. "Don't say that, Scarlet. It's not true. I came here to spend time with you, I'd never treat you wrong. I will now kidnap you."

"What?" I had my arms crossed, and as I took a step back in caution, he wrapped his arms around me and carried me off the floor.

"I want to take you somewhere, let's go!" He quickly took us behind the curtain and backstage, where all the half naked girls were.

"You're going to get me in trouble, Zayn!" I shrieked, trying to convince myself to not go with him- also pretending that I have a choice.

"Do you care?"

"Not really", I smiled, and that's when he knew he had won. "Drop me, let me get my stuff!"

He did as I said, so I quickly got my backpack and the small amount of money I made that day. I threw some clothes on and he took my hand, trying to lead me out of there through the back door, but I ended up leading him since he was going to all the wrong directions.

"Scarlet!" A masculine voice called for me, and I didn't bother to look back. I knew I was in trouble.

"Shit", I said under my breath as I led Zayn to the other street, where the front of the club was.

He immediately found his car, we both entered and he took off before anyone could drag me back to work.

"Holy shit", I laughed, breathless.

I leaned back on his car seat, watching him drive off and intently paying attention to the streets. His smooth skin reflected the lights, his hair was shiny and put up in a ponytail. I hadn't noticed how sexy he looked today until now.