Chapter 2

At the school gym

Josie's pov
I was using a nearby telephone to call my parents and vent to them about what happened,meanwhile Marty was having his audition.i hope he wins,"I know ma,I know I shouldn't be late all the time:but this time it was worse!"i said to my mom.i saw Marty and his band get up on stand,"I'll talk to you later ma Marty just got on stage."i said.i hung up,got my change,and went inside the gym.i stood there and gave Marty a supportive smile,he smiled back."All right:we're the Pinheads,and we're gonna rock 'n roll!"Marty said to the dance committee,I cheered and clapped.some people stared at me,but I didn't care.Marty and the band began to play,they were great!especially Marty,I tell ya:he's gonna go places.

Unfortunately though the dance committeeman stopped them 25 seconds into the song they were playing,"That's enough,Thank you."he said."WHAT?!"I exclaimed,Marty and the group stop playing, exchanging bewildered glances.

Town square

Josie's pov
"I still can't believe they said that to you Marty.i mean,what is happening to us?people keep insulting us!"I exclaimed as we walked down the street holding our skateboards and backpacks."I don't know.Maybe I'm just not cut out for music."he said sadly,"Marty don't say that, you're good!You're really good. And this audition tape of yours is great..."I said as I handed him a cassette tape,"you've got to send it to a record company Marty,it would change everything!"I said."Yeah, that's what Doc Brown keeps telling me: "Confidence. If you put your mind to it, you can do anything.""he said,"that's some really good advice."I pointed out."Yeah, but what if I send it in and they hate it? What if they tell me I'm no good? What if they say "get outta here, kid, you got no future?" Why should I put myself through all that anxiety?"he sighed,"Jeez, I'm starting to sound like my old man."he said.

He sat down on a nearby bench,I sat down next to him."Well,they say all of our emotional anxieties come directly from our parents."I recited what I read from a book,"In that case,you can kiss me off right now."he mumbled."Come on Marty,your dad's not that bad."i said,"I think deep down inside he means well, but the man just can't get it together."he said.we then saw a 4x4 truck on display in the town square parking lot,"Hey, check out that 4x4. Wouldn't it be great to take that up to a beach?We could put our sleeping bags in the back...stare at the stars..."I blush a bit.he sighs and admires it longingly,"Someday,Josie,someday..."he said."Is now a good time to confess I love him?i think so."I thought,but just when I'm about to open my mouth a lady appears out of nowhere holding a flyer.

"Save the clock tower!"she shouted,we looked at her."Mayor Wilson is sponsoring an imitative to repair that clock..."She points to the stopped clock on the old courthouse building."30 years ago, lightning struck that clock tower, and the clock hasn't run since. We at the Hill Valley Preservation Society think it should be preserved exactly the way it is, as part of our history and heritage."she explained,"All right, lady. Here's a quarter."Marty said.he drops a quarter into her can and turns toward me again---but when I try to open my mouth to talk again,the Clock Woman sticks a flyer in front of our faces."Don't forget to take a flyer. It tells the whole story of the clock tower."she said,Marty grabs the flyer out of her hand."Thank you."Marty said,trying to contain his anger.luckily,She moves along to bother someone else.

"Now where were we?"he asked,"i was going to tell you that I-"we suddenly heard a car honk,we turned our heads and saw that it was my dad.i sighed sadly,"forget it,I'll tell you tomorrow."i said.i got up,"I'll see you tomorrow Marty."i said."bye Josie."he said,I waved goodbye.i then walked towards my dad's car and got in the passenger seat,"How was school kiddo?"he asked me as he drove.i sighed,"I don't think I'll ever be able to tell him I love him."I admitted to my dad."don't worry Josie,these things take time:when the right moment comes,you'll tell him."he reassured me,"you're right dad,thanks for the advice."i said.