Chapter 22

No one's pov
the packard pulls up across the street from the tarped DeLorean.Marty and Josie jump out,dressed in their 1985 clothes."You're late!Do you have no concept of time?"Doc scolded them,he pulls the tarp off the DeLorean and raises the "trolley hook" on back to its full height."Take it easy, Doc! we had to change our clothes."Josie said,"Everything's cool-- they're back together..."Marty assured Doc."and here's the proof!"he shows him the fully restored snapshot."Yeah, old George really came through. Laid out Biff with one punch...cold cocked him... I never knew he had it in him. Hell, my old man's never stood up to Biff in his life."Doc opens the DeLorean door,"All right, let's set your destination time. This is the exact time you two left...

On a readout labelled "Last Time of Departure" is "OCTOBER 26, 1985, 1:31 A.M."Doc punches the appropriate keypad."Let's send you two back to exactly the same time."The readout labelled "Destination Time" lights up to read "OCTOBER 26, 1985, 1:31 A.M." We can see that the two readouts show identical dates and times.It'll be like you two never left."he said,smiling."Now,I've painted a white
line on the street up there---that's where you start from. I've calculated the precise distance, taking into account the acceleration speed and wind resistance retroactive from the moment the lightning will strike..."He picks up a wind-up alarm clock.

"When this alarm goes off, you hit the gas."Brown gives it a wind,then sets it on the DeLorean dashboard."Doc looks around,then sighs."Well, I guess that's everything."Marty extends his hand."Doc, thanks for everything."They shake hands."goodbye Doc."Josie said,hugging him.she hugged him back,"Thank you.I'll see you in about 30 years."Marty sighs,Josie and Marty both think of Doc's destiny."I... I hope so."Marty said sadly,"Don't worry. As long as you hit that wire with this hook, 'everything'll be fine."Doc reassured us."Right..."Marty said,Josie reassuringly put her hand on his shoulder.

Brown puts his hands in his pockets and withdraws the letter Marty put there,He looks at it curiously.Josie winces and Marty turns away,"What's the meaning of this?"Doc asked them."You'll find out in 30 years."Marty said,"It's about the future, isn't it? Information about the future? I warned you about this kid!The consequences could be disastrous!"Doc scolded Marty,"You've gotta take that risk, Doc. Your life depends on it."Josie begged.Doc shakes his head,"No. I'm not going to accept the responsibility."he tears up the envelope and shoves the pieces into the Packard ashtray.

"All right, Doc, in that case, I'll just have to tell you straight out---"But before Marty can get the words out, a tremendous gust of wind comes up accompanied by a loud CRACK!They all turn: A tree limb in the square has blown down right on top of the cable between the clock tower and the first lamp post.The paddle-plug attached to the lightning rod on the clock tower is yanked out, and the cable drops down from the clock tower!"Great Scott! Kids---find the end of that cable---I'11 throw the rope down to you!"Doc commanded,he grabs a big coil of rope and dashes into the courthouse.
Marty and Josie gulp.They look at the fallen tree branch and the cable,then they go hunting for the end of it.

The wind is picking up,and the sound of thunder. approaches.Marty and Josie pull in the cable, hunting for the end of it.At last they find it!They look up at the clock tower.

Ok I really want to finish this fic so I'm just going to have to cut this scene

Sorry