Chapter 54

Josie's pov
He began to read it,he walks around as he did.as he did Marty places Doc's failed reading machine on top of his head,I covered my mouth as I began to giggle.Marty took it off his head and wrapped his arm around my shoulder,Doc then finished reading."it actually flew?"he asked,I nodded."Yeah.well,you had a hover conversion done in the early 21st century."Marty said,separating from me and grabbing my hand."Incredible."Doc said,"I set myself up as a blacksmith as a front while I attempt to repair the damage to the time circuits.unfortunately,this proved impossible because suitable replacement parts will not be invented until 1947.However,I've gotten quite adept at shoeing horses and fixing wagons."

"Wicked."i said,nodding along to the story.Doc dropped his arms,"1885!amazing!i actually end up as a blacksmith in the old west!"he said."pretty heavy huh?"Marty said,putting his hands in his front pockets."I have buried the DeLorean in the abandoned Delgado mine,adjacent to the old Boot Hill cemetery as shown on the enclosed map.hopefully,it should remain undisturbed and preserved until you uncover it in 1955.inside,you will find repair instructions-my 1955 counterpart-that's me-should have no problem repairing it so you two can drive it back to the future.once you have returned to 1985 destroy the time machine.destroy it?"

"Yeah uh it's a long story Doc."i said.

"Do not-I repeat-do not attempt to come back here and get me.I am perfectly happy living in the fresh air and wide-open spaces,and I fear that unnecessary time travel only risks further disruption of the time continuum.and please take care of Einstein for me-Einstein?"

"He's your Doc dog."Marty said,"Einstein,it's what you call your dog in 1985."

"I know you two will give him a good home"he gave us instructions on how to take care of Einstein,Marty and i continued to listen to the letter we've already read."Your friend in time,Doc. Emmett L. Brown,September 1st,1885."Doc finished reading the letter,Marty ran a hand through his hair."that's it:that's all you write."i said with a shrug,"I never knew I could write anything so touching."Doc said."I know,it's beautiful."Marty said,patting Doc's back.suddenly,we heard Copernicus whimpering in the background.i immediately went over to him.I sat down on a chair,picked him up,and began to pet him."It's alright Copernicus,everything's going to be alright."Doc assured him,Marty began to walk back."I'm sorry Doc:It's my fault you're stuck back there,I never should've let Biff get to me."Marty said,"Well there are plenty worse places to be than the old west."Doc said.