Chapter 19

Josie's pov
Marvin has his screwdriver in the lock.He gives it a hard jerk: the trunk pops open, but he puts a big gash in his hand.Damnit-- I sliced my hand!"he yelled,Marty jumps out of the trunk."Thanks a lot!"Marty said,he grabs my hand and we dash toward the Packard.we arrived just in time to witness...HIS DAD PUNCHING BIFF!Biff hits the ground, out cold!"Oh, George, you were wonderful!"his mom said,She looks at him with adoring eyes.I look at Marty,he can't believe it either.
George and Lorraine embrace.Marty and keep our distance,allowing them to have their moment.

George and Lorraine head for the school. George and Lorraine go up the front stairs.Marty and I watch from a safe distance away.Just as they're about to go in, Lorraine turns and sees us.She smiles at Marty.He smiles back.Marty pulls out the snapshot and takes a look.Linda's feet are now gone. Marty is the only one in the picture.i widened my eyes and gasped,i jumped as I heard distant thunder.we're both shocked,"what do we do?"I asked.his face lit up,"I know what's wrong!"he exclaimed.he grabbed my wrist and we run back toward Marvin's Cadillac.

Marvin is wrapping a handkerchief around his cut hand.The band members are all shaking their heads.
Marty and I run over to them,"Hey, you guys, you've gotta get back in there and finish the dance!"he exclaimed."Look at Marvin's hand! He can't play with it like that. And we can't play without Marvin."the drummer said,"But you've gotta play! That's where they kiss for the first time--on the dance floor! If there's no music, they won't dance, they won't kiss, they won't fall in love... and I'm a goner!"Marty rambled."Hey, man, the dance is over...unless you know somebody who can play guitar."the drummer said,"he can play the guitar!"i said as I pointed at Marty.