Chapter 66

Josie's pov
I rushed to Marty's side and immediately took the rope off his neck,I held him in my arms."Please be ok,please..."I whisper begged,Marty began to slowly open his eyes."Josie?"he said,sounding slightly out of it.i smiled as tears continued to flow down my cheeks,"you're ok...you're ok..."I said.i quietly sobbed as I hugged him,he gently hugged me back.we pulled away from the hug,he looked down."Josie baby you're shaking."he said in a caring tone,holding my hands.i looked down and saw that that my hands were definitely shaking,"I-I'm ok,don't worry about me."i said.i was lying,but right now we needed to focus on our mission:getting Doc back.we looked over towards Doc,who had his gun pointed towards the sky.

"You owe me money blacksmith."Tannen said to Doc,"How do ya figure?"Doc asked him."my horse threw a shoe,Seein' as you was the one that done the showing that makes you responsible."Mad Dog explained,"Well,since you never paid me for the job,I say that makes us even."Doc said."Wrong!see,I was on my horse when it threw the shoe:and I was thrown off!"Mad Dog said,as he said this I began to help Marty up."And that caused me to bust a perfectly good bottle of fine Kentucky red-eye.so the way I figure it,blacksmith,you owe me five bucks for the whiskey and 75 bucks for the horse."Mad Dog said,I widened my eyes."that's the 80 bucks."Marty said hoarsely,holding his throat.