Chapter 9

No one's pov
Marty is lying in bed,lit by ambient light from a doorway.a woman's hand places a cold compress on the bruise on his forehead,Marty groans and stirs."Mom?Is that you?"Marty called out,"Ssshhh. Everything's going to be alright."the woman said.
It sounds like his mother,He opens his eyes.All he can see is her silhouette,"God, what a horrible nightmare.I dreamt me and my best friend Josie went way back in time..."He starts to sit up."Take it easy, now, you've been asleep for almost 9 hours."the woman said,"It was terrible. It was a terrible place to be. The music was awful--- they didn't have Huey Lewis. Our neighborhood hadn't been built yet, and everything was so weird looking."he said.

"Well, you're safe and sound, back where you belong, in good old 1955."Marty widened his eyes,"1955!"he exclaimed.She turns on the bedside lamp.It's the same girl George was spying on, and Marty recognizes her immediately:it's his mom!"Oh my God. You're---you're my---my-"he stutters."My name's Lorraine,Lorraine Baines."she introduces herself to him.Marty stares at her for a long moment."But--but you're so thin!"he pointed out,"Just relax, Calvin. You got quite a bruise on your head."she said.Marty looks under the blankets and sees that his pants are gone,"Uh...where are my pants?"he asked his mom."Over there on the chair."she said,pointing at a chair.

"I've never seen purple underpants before, Calvin."she noticed his boxers,Marty covers himself up."Calvin?Why are you calling me Calvin?"he asked her,"Well, isn't that your name--Calvin Klein? It's written in your underwear."she pointed at his boxers,"Oh--I guess people call you Cal."she realized."No, well, actually people call me Marty."he said,"Well, I'm pleased to meet you, Marty."She comes over and sits on the bed right next to him.It's obvious that she's very interested in him,which is gross."Mind if I sit here?"she asked,Marty gulps nervously."Uh... no..."Marty moves as far away as he can without falling off the bed. He holds the blanket tight around his waist. She looks at him, fascinated.

"That is quite a bruise there..."She gently strokes his bruised forehead...and then runs her hand through his hair.Marty moves even further and falls off the bed,He covers himself with the blankets."Lorraine? Are you up there?"a voice calls out,"It's my mother! Quick, put your pants back on!"Marty's mom said as she threw him his pants.as Marty scrambles to put his pants on all he could think about was Josie,is she ok?more importantly:where is she?