Chapter 41

Josie's pov
"this has gotta be a wrong year."Marty said,we saw a newspaper on some front steps.Marty grabbed it and we looked at the date,"October 26,1985."I read the date out loud."that can't be."he said,suddenly we heard a voice behind us."Drop it."the voice said,I immediately recognized the voice.we both looked at each other and gulped,Marty and I slowly looked back."So you're the assholes who've been stealing my newspapers."mr.Strickland said,"Mr.Strickland."i said."Mr.Strickland it's us:Marty and Josie."Marty said,"who?"he asked."it's Marty McFly,Marty McFly and Josie Dawn."Marty begged,"don't you know us sir?"I asked.

"from school sir."i quickly added,I slowly hid behind Marty who had his arms up."I've never seen you kids before in my life,but you looks like slackers."Mr.Strickland said,"yeah that's right,that's right:we're slackers."Marty said.my legs began to shake,"Don't you remember?you gave me detention last week."Marty said."Last week?"Mr.Strickland questioned,"the school burned down six years ago!"he said.I widened my eyes,"Now you got exactly 3 seconds to get off my porch with your nuts intact."he said."one,"he began to count,"please Mr.Strickland!"I begged as I held onto Marty's waist."we just want to know what's going on!"I said,suddenly tires screeched behind us.

"Hey Strickland!"some boys yelled,they began to shoot bullets towards us.i squeaked and grabbed Marty's shoulders,pulling him down.he landed on top of me and rolled off,we both sat up and covered our ears."You ok?"I asked,he quickly nodded.Strickland started to shoot bullets back and Marty grabbed my wrist,pulling me down the sidewalk with him.we continued to run,and stepped on the dirt ridden Hill Valley sign.Marty accidentally backed up into a local drunk,"What where you're going,crazy drunk pedestrian."the man said."Red?"i said,but the man just gave us a look and went back to what he was doing.Marty and I looked at each other,a gang of bike drivers drove by us as we took in our surroundings.i didn't like what I was seeing,and neither was Marty.