Chapter 82

Josie's pov
I still held onto Marty's back,I leaned my tired head on his shoulder."stop the train just before you hit the switch track up ahead."Doc commanded,the train slowed down and eventually came to a full stop.we jumped off and ran towards the switch track,pulling the level."Doc!"Marty called out,letting him know it was done."uncouple the cars from the tender!"Doc yelled to the crewmen,they did as they were told and Doc got the train moving once more.Marty climbed up,still carrying me.we watched the train pick up speed,"how are you feeling?"Marty asked me in a concerned tone."I'm fine."I mumbled,Marty tucked his head into my arms which were wrapped around his shoulders.

"We're so close,I promise."he said.Doc childish blew the whistle multiple times,"I've wanted to do that all my life!"he exclaimed with a smile.i giggled lightly,wrapping my arms around Marty's body tighter.the train began to pull up to the DeLorean,Marty opened the door to the DeLorean and carefully set me inside.he helped me get buckled and grabbed the objects from the back,"what are these things anyway?"he asked Doc."My own version of Presto logs."he replied,"compressed wood with anthracite dust chemicals treated to burn hotter and longer,I use 'em in my forge so I don't have to stroke it.These three in the furnace will ignite sequentially,make the fire burn hotter,kick up the boiler pressure and mask the train go faster."Doc explained."Ok Doc let's hurry,we need to get Josie home."Marty said,Marty sat in the front of the car and watched me tying another bandage on my ankle."ready to roll!"Marty exclaimed,I suddenly felt cold and dizzy."M-Marty..."I said,"Josie,what's wrong?"Marty asked worryingly."I...I..."i then closed my eyes,passing out.