Chapter 56

I THINK I ATTACHED A GIF OF LEO, HARRYS HALF-BROTHER, AND I WAS FUCKING DYING BECAUSE HE IS SO CUTE IM GOING TO BLOW UP SORRY

.

Allison's POV

After a torturously long drive, of which I slept through, we finally arrive at Harry's home. It's so cozy looking. It's surrounded by lush fields of grass and we pass a small river-looking thing as we enter. It's so serene. I just wish I could see it better. It's so dark outside.

Harry grabs our luggage and closes the trunk to the car. We walk inside and I take second to admire his home. It's so.. friendly. I don't know how else to describe it. It's so inviting and it reminds me more of a log cabin than a house. But the wearing on their white wooden cabinets and the stains on the carpet suggest many memories have been made here. It's so surreal. I'm in Harry's house. He grew up in here.

My mind wanders to a small Harry running around the house. I smile at the thought. I see a small boy running towards us. At first, I assume that it's just part of my imagination. But the boy comes in yelling "Harry's home! Harry's home!" I furrow my eyebrows. It's not my imagination. There's a actually a little boy here.

He runs up to us and I step aside awkwardly. His eyes widen in admiration as he looks up at Harry. Oh, this must be Leo.

"Harry!" He yells and lunges at him.

Harry drops our bags so he can catch him, stumbling a bit. "Leo, good to finally see you." He smiles and Leo looks at him.

A woman walks out behind him and smiles at Anne.

"How was he? Did he behave himself?" Anne asks and the woman smiles at her.

"He was brilliant, as always." She says and shakes Anne's hand. She smiles at Harry and I before walking out the door.

"I've been waiting for this forever! I missed you!" Leo yells. I don't know why he's yelling. Maybe because he's a kid. Needless to say, he's adorable.

It's so difficult not to pinch his cheeks. They're so pudgy, like his dad's. I have to remind myself that this boy doesn't know me and I can't go around pinching whoever's cheeks I'd like.

The darker part of my being also feels the need to remind me that I will never have what's in front of me. Harry, with a child that clearly loves him. Harry loves him too. I can see it in his face. They've never even met and Harry loves him to pieces.

I watch as Harry holds Leo in his arms and Leo pulls at one of his curls. Harry smiles a kind of smile I've never seen give to anyone but me. It's that smile that says you're so important to me and I love you with my entire soul. I'll admit, I'm a bit jealous. I had to work hard to get that smile, but Leo gets it straight away. But I can't be mad at him because he's so damn cute, I think I'm in love with him.

"Leo, show Harry what you got." Anne says and pulls me from my thoughts.

"Oh! Harry!" Leo says Harry puts him down. "I have to show you what I got!"

I laugh at the fact that he repeated exactly what his mother just said. Leo disappears down a hallway. His little bare feet snack against the tiled floor of the kitchen and he returns, holding a small object in his hand.

Harry squats so he's at eye level with him. "What have you got there?"

"It's a squirt gun!" Leo says with excitement and I smile.

Leo waves it around with pride and Harry smiles. "That's a nice one, Leo."

"It's orange. That's my favorite color because it's your favorite color." Leo smiles.