Chapter 5

Harry practically pulled me through the parking lot and into his apartment as I struggled to keep up with him. He set his keys down on his counter as we both breathed heavily.

"Do you care to explain.. what the hell just happened?" I ask between breathes.

"Louis. Louis happened." Harry's eyes are dark as he looks down at the counter, gripping it so tightly that his knuckles turn white.

"What? Harry please talk to me. What did Louis do?"

Harry lets out a long exhale and gestures to his couch.

"Sit down. I'll tell you."

I follow Harry's instructions and quickly sit on the couch, eagerly awaiting Harry's information.

"Louis, he told my boss that I was with you. My boss didn't like that so he was going to come and get us. Luckily, Liam isn't a complete asshole like Louis, so he gave me a warning." Harry explains, sitting on the coffee table.

"Okay, just a few questions. Why doesn't your boss like you being with me, and why do I have to stay here?"

"My boss suspects that I'm telling you 'confidential information' about my job," Harry says making quotes with his fingers, "and you have to stay here because once my boss sees we're not at the park, he'll come looking for you. He'll probably want to question you."

"Well he doesn't know where I live," I say and Harry frowns, "he does know where I live?" I ask anxiously. Harry nods and I stand quickly, "Oh my God my dad! Is he going to be alright?"

"You're dad will be fine. He's working late again at the police station. He told me." Harry says standing up, pacing the living room.

"When did you talk to my dad?"

"I see your dad every morning when he goes out to work." Harry explains.

"You're up early then."

"I like to be up when no one else is up, so I can think without the annoyance of other people."

"Understood. So continue, does your boss have a name?" I ask.

"Dylan. His name is Dylan Osorio, but that's irrelevant. You can take the couch, do you want anything to drink?" Harry abruptly exits the living room and enters the kitchen, looking through cabinets.

"Umm just water would be great. Why did you just get super jumpy?"

"Wouldn't you if you knew someone was after you?"

"Someone is after me, and I'm not jumpy."

"Yeah why aren't you?" Harry says taking out two mugs and tea bags.

"Well whatever this 'confidential' information is, you haven't told it to me. Even if Dylan did question me, he'd find out I don't know anything and leave us alone."

"He'd leave you alone. He'll never leave me alone."

"Why don't you just quit?"

"It's not that simple." Harry chuckles and pours the hot water into the mugs.

"I said I wanted water." I smile and Harry laughs.

"You did, didn't you. Well you're having tea now."

"Do you like your job?" I say, getting back to the original conversation.

"Not anymore. At first I got it as a middle finger to my dad, but I'm not so interested anymore."

"Why did you want to piss off your dad?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" Harry smirks, bringing my tea over to me and setting his on the coffee table.