Chapter 34

Harry's POV

The grocery store. One of most boring places in the world. But, somehow, she makes it entertaining. Watching her narrow her eyes, scouring every aisle for whatever it is she's looking for. Looking at the ingredients in everything, even though she doesn't know what half of them are. I could literally sit and watch her eat a bowl of cereal for nine hours and not be bored for one moment.

I laugh to myself as I think about her and she looks at me. "What are you laughing at?" She asks, reaching up to grab something off of the top shelf.

"I seem to remember that the last time we were in this grocery store, you were massively hungover." I tease her, leaning against the handle of the cart.

Allison groans. "Those were dark days." She puts the item in the cart and looks back down at her list, checking off whatever it is she just got.

She looks up at me and purses her lips, narrowing her eyes as she stares as me. "Hm." She says as if she's discovered something.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not sure about that." She points to my beanie.

I pull it off immediately and shake my hair out, looking back up at her. "Better?"

"Better." She smiles, reaching up to my curls and pulling me down to her lips. She kisses me quickly and I smile through it.

"I like the beanie, but I like your hair more." She says and I smile again.

We walk to the fruits and vegetables. It's cold in this part of the grocery store. I'm almost tempted to put my beanie back on. I stand behind Allison, looking over her shoulder and rubbing my hands up and down her arms while she looks at array of Fuji Apples. She examines them all, checking for bruises and firmness. I laugh and wrap my arms around her as I bring my lips down to her ear.

"I love you." I whisper, lifting the hem of her shirt and placing my hands on her waist.

Allison continues to look at the apples as if I'm not even there. I don't blame her. She's become accustom to me touching her all the time. "Harry, your hands are freezing." She laughs, throwing two apples in a plastic bag.

Allison places the bag on the scale and reaches for the small strip of plastic to tie the bag with. I grab one as well, bending it into a circular shape.

"Give me your hand." I say and Allison places it out in front of me.

I slip the ring of plastic onto her finger and smile with satisfaction. She looks down at her hand, admiring the makeshift ring. "Sorry it's not very pretty. It's just a placeholder. Temporary, until I can get you a real one." I say and Allison blushes.

"It's lovely." She smiles, bringing her hands to my cheeks and giving me a chaste kiss. She leaves the ring on her finger as she pushes the cart through the store and I smile to myself.

I guess this means I have to marry her now. Though, I was already planning on doing that anyway. As soon as all my personal fuckery has come to an end.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket and I pull it out. Speaking of personal fuckery, the mastermind behind it has sent me a text message. He has impeccable timing.

Dylan - Gentleman, we need to have an emergency gathering today. Meet me in one hour. Don't be late.

I read the message to myself and groan mentally. Are you fucking kidding me? We just met last weekend. What could he possibly want now? More thrilling announcements for his party? God, how am I supposed to explain this to Allison?