Chapter 14

Harry's POV

Last night was fucking terrible. I was going to tell Allison about everything the moment she brought up Hayden, but that ship sailed as soon as I felt her lips on mine. It was more than perfect. I still can't believe it myself, but I never want to feel anyone's lips but hers ever again. It was like they were made to be there and I wonder if she felt it too. Everything happened so quickly.

She was still wearing those damn white shorts and my sweater and she couldn't have looked more beautiful. More importantly, she trusted me. Out of all the bullshit in her life she trusted me, and I'm selfish for kissing her back. With everything that I'm keeping from her, I don't deserve so live across the fucking hall from her, much less have her in my lap.

I do have some morals, however. I knew that it was wrong, but I didn't think about it until I had already decided that I wanted her. I would've told her everything as soon as I thought about it, but she didn't give me a chance. I should've told her when I took her to the roof of the apartment almost a month ago, but I allowed my lust to take precedence over her feelings and it's totally fucked me over. I understand that she doesn't want to talk to me, but I don't need her to talk. I just need her to listen. She'll hate me afterwards, but at least she'll know.

When I hear her apartment door open and close, I stand from the couch and open my door. Allison jumps when she sees me, but quickly composes herself. She stares at me for a second before starting towards the staircase.

"Allison wait," I groan and follow her, knowing that she would act this way, "I said wait, dammit." I place my hand on her shoulder and turn her to face me.

She writhes in my hold and glares at me, "Let go of me. I could not be more serious."

I drop my hand and she folds her arms over her chest, "I'd still like to have a word with you." I say calmly as she scoffs at me.

"I'm not giving you one syllable. I have to go to work." Allison walks down the stairs quickly and I can feel myself becoming angrier.

"Okay, I'm not asking anymore," I say sternly and think back to when I fought with her at her job a while ago, "I've been nice, but this is fucking enough. Whether you like it or not, you're going to listen to me."

As I think about the last time I lost my temper with her, I notice a difference between the Allison I was yelling at before, and the one standing in front of me now. This Allison is not afraid of me like the other one was. She doesn't care if I yell, and she's walking away.

I follow behind her, but she won't slow the fuck down, "All right, sorry about this babe." I apologize, grabbing her waist and carrying her over my shoulder.

As I expected, she kicks her feet and pounds at my back, "Harry Styles if you don't put me down this instant, I swear.."

"What? What are you going to do?" I tease her and smirk when she doesn't answer, "that's what I thought, now stop squirming would you?" I laugh and Allison let's out a long sigh as I carry her back to my apartment.

She huffs when I set her down, crossing her arms over her chest again, scowling up at me, "I'm not a child, Harry. You can't just throw me over your shoulder when you don't get your way."

"Actually, I can. Would you like to see me do it again?"

"No."

"I figured as much."

"Will you just say whatever the hell you had to say? I have a job I need to get to." Allison says, anxiously looking at her watch.

"Let your boyfriend cover for you. I'm sure he'd be happy to." I smirk at her and she rolls her eyes.