Chapter 1

It isn't my favorite Sunday, angrily shoving my belongings into a suitcase. I throw in the final item as I hear my father coming up the stairs.

"Allie," he knocks, opening the door, "are you ready to go?"

"How many times do I have to ask you not to call me that?" I sigh, but he doesn't answer me. "Yes, I'm ready." I zip my suitcase shut and pull it from the edge of my bed, following my dad down the stairs. I watch as my parents exchange their goodbyes.

"Goodbye Nicholas." My mother says, no traces of emotion on her face.

"Goodbye Elizabeth." Dad opens his arms to hug her, but she moves away, looking towards me with a smile. My dad's head falls in defeat and he exits the house with sorrowful eyes.

"Goodbye Allison," my mother hugs me, a gesture I don't feel like reciprocating, but I do anyway. "take care of your father okay?"

"Isn't that your job?" I raise my eyebrows at her.

"Not anymore." She awkwardly places her hands on my shoulders and opens her mouth to continue, but changes her mind. Good idea.

I pull my suitcases behind me out of the house, throwing them in the trunk of my dad's car. I put my headphones in as soon as I buckle my seatbelt, refusing to make eye contact with my dad on this drive. I'm furious with both of my parents. My mom, for making us leave in the first place when she was the one that messed up; and my dad, for not doing anything about it.

I've lived in that house my whole life. I know this town like the back of my hand, but with one signature, I'm forced to leave it.

"Allie? Um..Allison?" My dad corrects himself, but I ignore him. "You're going to have to talk to me sometime."

"Sometime, maybe, but not right now." I reply, not meeting his eyes. A part of me does feel sorry for my dad but, unfortunately, that part of me is small.

I've resorted to calling my father by his first name, Nick, to emphasize my disrespect. I know it's childish, but it's the best I can think of without pouring too much salt in the wound. As my dad attempts a conversation with me, I turn up my music and rest my head against the window, eventually falling asleep.

.

"Allie," I feel my dad poking my shoulder, "Allison we're here."

I slowly open my eyes and look through the front windshield at the apartment building. I'm glad we're moving into an apartment. A house wouldn't be good for my dad as far as finances are concerned. I follow Nick to the trunk and take out my suitcase, pulling it behind me into the lobby while he walks ahead of me. I look down at my phone to turn my music off when someone harshly bumps into me. I fall to the floor with me on top of my suitcase, and the stranger on top of me.

"Jesus, can you watch where you're going?" I look up to meet a pair of bright green eyes looking at me.

"Sorry." He answers simply, his accent clearly British.

"Could you get off of me?" I ask gesturing to his body on top of mine.

"Actually I'd prefer this position." He smirks, "What's your name babe?"

I groan and push him off of me, brushing myself off and picking up my suitcase. I watch him as he stands and hands me one of my bags. He looks about the same age as me. His curly hair is pushed up from his forehead and he's dressed in all black. His arms coming out of his short sleeve shirt reveal his multiple tattoos. The only one that appears to be in color is on his left arm, a skeleton wearing a suit. What a pointless illustration.

He's definitely attractive, but the whole asshole vibe I'm getting from him overpowers his looks.

"I'm Harry." He hands me my bag.