Chapter 31

Harry's POV

I've gone from having one important woman in my life to now having three. It's throwing me off a bit honestly. My relationships with all three of them are so completely different. Allison, obviously, the love of my life. Erin, my friend. And Addy. My overly-complicated childhood friend and younger sister figure that I never thought I would see again.

I look at her, almost in disbelief that she's standing in my doorway. This week couldn't possibly become more exciting. A new turn is thrown at me everyday, most of which have been upsetting. I'm overjoyed to see Addy. Perhaps the universe has had a change of heart for me.

"Are you going to invite me in? Or am I going to stand here all day?"

I laugh and bring my arm around her shoulder, pulling her inside. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Are you unhappy to see me?"

"No! Of course not! It's just, you sent me a letter a while back and I was so worried about you. Is everything okay?"

Addy nods, slumping herself down on my couch. I sit in the chair across from her and look at her. Her hair has gotten much longer, and a lot more red. I notice that it's braided the way I used to do it. I wonder who did it for her.

She sighs. "Not really, honestly. My mum is," Addy begins and shakes her head, "she's gone, Harry. She died a few weeks after I sent you that letter."

I frown. Part of me aches for her. I'm not too fond of my parents, but hers are so much worse. I'm
really feeling a bit pleased that they're both gone, they treated her awfully. "Are you upset about that?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Not really. The bitch brought it on herself with all of the drugs she was on. She asked me to take her out of rehab, promising me that she had changed." Addy scoffs, "She didn't last one week before she overdosed and killed herself."

"That's awful. Does she even care about you at all?" I say becoming angry, "You're nineteen. How are you suppose to take care of yourself? Unbelievable." I pinch the bridge of my nose and Addy laughs.

"Harry, it's okay. I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine, relieved, in fact. I finally moved out of that God forsaken house and moved into an apartment with my friend from university."

"Really?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yeah, you remember Rachel."

My eyes widen. "Of course. She wore the bright orange socks every day." I guess she's good for Addy. I don't know if she's financially stable enough to support her though. Addy would never listen to me about that, she's always been self-reliant in that regard. She can take care of herself. "How's my mum?"

"She's great. I went over for lunch a while back and she said her and Robin are doing very well." Addy winks and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Wow. I guess I'm happy for her. I'll have to see her soon. Maybe I'll go over for Christmas."

"Harry, that would be lovely. She'd like that."

"How's Leo?" I ask, eager to hear how my little half-brother is doing.

Addy shrugs. "He was fine when I saw him. Anne says he's made a very good friend at school, I can't remember her name. I remember it started with an A."

"Let me know if it comes to you." I say and cock my head to the side, I forgot to ask the obvious. "Who are you here with? Why are you here?"

Addy smiles with excitement. "I have a Winter internship here in Florida with this design agency. They're having a fashion show in February and I get to stay and overlook all the designs." She smiles from ear to ear and I smile with her.