Chapter 10

Almost three weeks have passed since Harry and I were abused by Dylan. I managed to take care of my own injuries while we were at my mom's house. We had to stay there for three days until we all decided it was safe to come home. My mind is still reeling with questions as to why Dylan felt the need to abuse us because I looked at some stupid notebook. I don't understand the secrecy of it, but Harry says my ignorance is protecting me from things worse than a whip.

During our time back, Harry has come by every day to "check on me", even though I insisted that I was fine. He picks me up after work sometimes and helps me make dinner for my dad. Needless to say, it's been pretty calm. No Dylan, or whippings, or anything like that, just Harry and I.

I currently have my laptop in my lap while I watch reruns of King of Queens. I scroll down the pages on my laptop screen, fawning over Arcadia's campus and student reviews of the university. Suddenly, there's a knock at the door and I move my laptop off me to stand up and get it. I open the door and find nothing. There's nobody there. I start to look around the corner to see where they might have gone when Harry appears out of nowhere, screaming at me. I jump and put my hand over my heart as Harry's head falls back in laughter.

"Harry, what the hell?!" I yell at him, trying to catch my breath.

"Did I scare you?" He says between his breaths of laughter.

"Of course you did! And that's not funny." I say, though I try to hide my smile as Harry catches his breath.

"I'm sorry," he smiles, "I brought you this though." Harry pulls his hand from behind his back and gives me a rose.

I groan as I accept it, "You didn't have to do that."

"Do you forgive me?" He says, flashing me a wide smile.

"I guess so." I roll my eyes as Harry sarcastically sighs in relief.

"Good, how about one of these then?" Harry says grabbing my hand, starting to lean down to kiss me.

"No, get away from me." I laugh, quickly pulling my hand away and running into my apartment.

I've only made it a few steps past the door when Harry wraps his arms around my waist and turns me to face him.

"Where do you think you're going?" He smirks and I hold the flower up in front of my face in an attempt to block him.

Harry uses his free hand to pull the flower from me and drop it on the carpet before returning it to my waist.

"I haven't kissed you yet y'know." He says, his voice deep and quiet.

"Mmm, that's because I don't like you and you nearly made me shit myself back there." I laugh and he pulls me even closer.

"Come on, one kiss and I'll make dinner for you." Harry smirks at me.

"How about a hug and you can take me out to dinner?" I reply and Harry pauses for a moment.

"Deal. It's a little late for dinner though, don't you think?" He smiles and releases me, leaning down to pick up the flower. He hands it to me and walks past me to sit on the couch. Looking at the microwave, I see that it's nearly ten o'clock.

"I guess it is. We can just do drive-through if you want."

"Okay." Harry replies simply, resting his feet on the coffee table in the living room.

"Make yourself at home I guess." I smile as I fill a glass with water and place the flower in it.

I walk into the living room and sit next to Harry on the couch, pulling my laptop back onto my lap.