Chapter 9

There are certain moments in life that you look forward to. And there are others that make you extremely anxious. This moment, in particular, I'm not too crazy about.

Nervously looking down at my mom's "Welcome" mat with the rest of the boys holding an unconscious Harry behind me isn't how I imagined things would turn out. We've been standing here for a while, heightening my nerves even more. My back stings so bad and I'm surprised I haven't started crying yet. I can only imagine what Harry's going through.

"Are you sure she's home?" Liam asks.

Harry's tired eyes stare at the ground as Louis and Liam both attempt to hold him up.

"She might not be, but there's another way in." I gesture for all the boys to follow me through the back gate and they do.

I walk through our backyard to a window that my mom always kept unlocked in case I forgot my house keys. The window pops open, as I assumed it would, and I climb through it carefully, mindful of my injuries. I open the back door for the boys as they rush Harry to the into the house.

"Where do we go?" Niall asks frantically.

"Take him upstairs to the bathroom. Down the hallway, first door on the right." I instruct them and all the boys but Niall take Harry upstairs.

"What about you? You got hit too." He walks over to me as I run warm water on a towel in the kitchen.

"I'm fine. Just worry about Harry right now." I assure him.

"I'm sorry Allison." Niall says quietly.

I wasn't really paying attention to him before, but now that I'm looking at him, he looks really upset.

"Why are you sorry?"

"For letting Dylan lay a hand on you. I could've stopped him earlier, or taken your place. I'm sorry I let it get that far." Niall looks down at his hands resting on the counter top. His eyebrows are furrowed in frustration and he should be anything but frustrated.

"If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have gotten out of there. I should be apologizing to you for causing so much trouble."

I attempt to lighten the mood and it seems to work as Niall lets out a small laugh.

"You sure you're okay?"

"I'll be fine. Just check on Harry."

Niall hesitates at first, but nods and runs up the stairs as I ring out the towel in the sink. I reach up in the kitchen cupboards to grab the first aid kit. The pain felt on my back from the motion causes me to instantly bring my hand back down, cursing at myself.

The punishment you received is nothing like Harry's, just grab the first aid kit.

I take a deep breath in preparation and stretch to reach the top shelf of the cupboard. My eyes screw shut and, inevitably, I scream. The pain is unbearable and I don't know how Harry is still breathing after what he got. I struggle to exhale as I bring the first aid kit and towel with me upstairs. I collide with Niall when I turn the corner and both of us are on the ground. I yelp as my back hits the floor.

"Niall, what the hell?" I scold him, sitting up and rubbing my head.

"I heard you scream, I was coming to see if you were okay." He says and I feel bad for yelling at him.

"I'm fine. It just hurt my back reaching up to grab this." I say collecting the contents of the first aid kit.

"Do you know how to use all of that stuff?" Niall asks as I put the syringe and all of the ointments back into the little box.