Chapter 29

Harry's POV

When so many things go wrong in your life, you really start to wonder what you did to make the universe hate you so much. I know I'm not the greatest person, but there are people far worse than me that live life so easily. They have no road blocks or anything like that. I guess to keep the balance, the universe gives all of their road blocks to me.

Fuck the universe.

I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. She's right across the hall, I need to go and apologize. But what difference will it make? This isn't something I can just say sorry for.

I groan and drop my head in my hands. This is absolutely asinine. How did I ever imagine that I could get away with something like that? Why did I do it in the first place? If I cared about Allison at all, her feelings would have been my priority. She's right. I was selfish. There is no denying that. The only kind of defense I have for this is that I love her and I didn't want her to leave. It's that simple, but so complex all the same.

I feel like I need someone to talk to. I can't sit on this couch in silence all day, it's wasting my brain cells. I sigh, taking my phone out of my pocket and pulling up the only contact I believe would help me. I hold my phone up to my hear and listen, waiting for him to answer.

There's a long pause before he finally picks up.

"Harry?" He says, probably surprised that I'm calling him.

"Hi Niall."

"Hi mate, you okay?" He asks. Not so much as a greeting, but as if he's actually concerned.

I sigh. "Not exactly. Are you busy?"

"Um," he says and something clatters loudly in the background. Niall removes himself from the noise, probably walking outside. "No I'm not. What's the matter?"

"It's an interesting story. Do you want to get something to eat and we can talk?" I propose, rubbing the bridge of my nose in frustration. Honestly, I don't want to talk to Niall. I want to talk to Allison, but he'll have to do.

"Yeah, sure. Do you want to meet me at Sister's Café in 10 minutes? I'm craving a burger."

I scoff. Of course he's craving Allison's favorite food. "I'll leave right now." I immediately stand from the couch.

"All right, see you soon." Niall says and I hang up without so much as a goodbye.

I swipe my keys off the counter and leave my apartment. I spend a long moment staring at Allison's door. I wonder if she's even in there. Maybe she went out like I'm about to do. But who would she go to? Does she have someone outside of me that she can talk to?

I selfishly hope that she doesn't. If she's feeling poorly, I want to be the one she comes to, even if I'm the one that's upset her. I shake my head, quickly making my way down the stairs and to my car.

When I arrive at the café, Niall is standing outside on his phone. I remember when I brought Allison to this place and she met all of the boys. That was so long ago. I get out of my car and wave to him.

He returns the gesture and slings his arm around my shoulder when I approach him, nearly knocking me over. I'd forgotten about his lack of personal space.

I haven't seen him since the Fourth of July. His hair has gotten longer, it's less blonde as well.

"I see you're letting the brown back in." I point to his hair.

He runs his fingers through it a couple times, earning swooned glances from a pair of girls outside. He smirks. He knows what he just did. "You're quite cheeky, aren't you." I say and Niall shrugs.