Chapter 13

Fear

I remember being afraid of something, but I can't remember what. A person maybe? I don't remember anything. Who was I afraid of?

Pain

Definitely pain. I remember my face stinging and I can feel my sore muscles. Whatever happened last night hurt. A lot. I hate that I can't remember why.

Louis

Louis I remember vividly, however I'm not entirely sure why he was there. I remember hearing his voice though. Was it Louis I was afraid of? I can't remember.

Safe

I know I can't recall a lot, but I definitely don't remember feeling safe. I was vulnerable. I was alone. Why was I alone? I try to remember and something comes back to me. Harry left me alone.

Harry

I remember Harry. Of course I do. He was the last thing I saw before I fell into this sleep. He looked scared. Was he scared of the same thing I was? I don't know. I have no idea what happened. I have so many questions to ask. I need to wake up. Nothing will get accomplished like this.

C'mon Allison.

Wake up.

- -

"Wake up." I hear a voice say.

My eyes are squeezed shut and I can't see them. I blink my eyes slowly and the person comes into focus. A head of curly hair hovers above me in the the dark. Why is it so dark? The only thing illuminating Harry's face is the fire place, we must be at his apartment.

"Harry?" I ask quietly, my voice incapable of speaking at a normal volume.

Harry looks down at me and even in the dim light, I can see him smirking, "Hello sweetheart," he smiles sarcastically, his voice gravely, "how are you feeling?"

I start to sit up and my head instantly begins to feel heavy. I squint my eyes as my hand rushes up, tangling itself in my hair to stop the pain.

"My head hurts." I wince, rubbing the spot behind my ear.

Harry laughs and grabs my hand, "I would imagine," he helps me sit up and takes a seat next to me on his couch.

He removes his hand from my side and I turn to look at him, "what happened last night. I don't remember drinking, so why do I feel hungover?"

Harry laughs again and I take a second to just focus on him. I watch as the reflection of the flames from the fireplace flicker in his dark green eyes. It's one of the most mesmerizing things I've ever seen. My eyes move then move down to his pink lips. As if on cue, his tongue darts out and swipes across them before he takes his bottom lip between his teeth.

His lips begin to move, forming a sentence, and I watch as his mouth shapes every syllable. During my admiration, I failed to realize that the sentence was probably aimed at me and I have no idea what he just said.

My eyes moves back up to his and I collect myself, "what did you say?"

Harry laughs and looks down, shaking his head. He brings his eyes back up to meet mine and his dimples flash as he smiles, "I said, why are you staring at me?"

Shit he noticed? Of course he noticed, but I mean, damn, was it that obvious?

"I wasn't. I mean I didn't, I was just um.." I attempt to deter from the awkward situation, but fail miserably, "I wasn't staring at you." I say quietly, folding my hands in my lap and looking down at them in defeat.