Chapter 25

Harry's POV

"Are you almost finished?" I ask in annoyance as I lean against the bathroom door. Allison's been in there getting ready for ages.

"Quit whining. Give me a minute."

"I've given you thirty. It's Niall we're talking about, not George Clooney for God's sake." I tease her further and jump back as the bathroom door flies open.

"There. I'm done." She rolls her eyes and pushes past me. "And for the record, I have never been attracted to George Clooney."

"Johnny Depp?" I suggest and she blushes.

"That's more like it."

I roll my eyes. She looks beautiful. Though, she would've looked beautiful if she'd only taken two minutes to get ready. There's not much she has to do to look good, so I don't understand why it took a half hour.

"Are you ready now? It's a twenty minute drive to the lake."

Allison's brow furrows. "Lake?"

"Yes. Niall lives in a lake house. Try not to swoon over it please, you've embarrassed yourself enough with the Johnny Depp thing." I laugh and Allison hits my arm.

"Which lake?"

"I think it's called Picket. Yeah, Picket Lake."

"Picket Lake!? Oh my God, that's in Jupiter." She groans.

I sigh. "Allison don't exaggerate. It's only a twenty minute drive."

Much to my surprise, Allison starts laughing, very hard. I furrow my eyebrows at her. What the hell is so funny? She doubles over and grabs her stomach as she wipes a tear from her eye.

"Okay, what have I done? What the hell is so funny?"

"Not Jupiter the planet. I meant Jupiter, the city in Florida, you moron."

I blink my eyes at her and throw my arms up in defeat. "How the fuck am I supposed to know there's a city in Florida called Jupiter?"

Allison recovers from her laughter and catches her breath. "You didn't label the maps of Florida in elementary school? I thought everyone had to do it."

"I'm not sure if you remember, but I wasn't actually born in this country. I didn't go to primary school here." I point out and Allison shakes her head.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Still though, you should know about it. One of the few things Florida has to be proud of is the fact one of their cities shares a name with a planet. Well, that and Harry Potter World." Allison laughs and I grab my keys off the counter, heading towards the door.

I roll my eyes at her as she follows me. "You laugh now, but I'd like to see you try and point out where I'm from on a map."

"Where are you from? I mean, United Kingdom, obviously, but where?"

I walk with Allison down the stairs of the apartment building and out to the parking stalls as we talk. "I'm from Holmes Chapel. Good luck finding it on a map because it's tiny as shit."

"I'd like to visit where you live someday." Allison says and I immediately stop walking. "What's wrong?" She turns and asks me.

I can only imagine how I look right now. Stopped in the middle of the road, worried and probably pale as fuck. I'm horrified. She wants to visit Holmes Chapel. Luckily, it's 5,267 miles away and it's unlikely she'll ever go there, but what if she did? There's nothing there that won't bring up awful memories. Every corner we turn, there'd be something that I would have to explain to her. I'd be surprised if she didn't ask me to stay there while she flies back to America.