Chapter 6

Harry's POV

I groan and blink my eyes a few times, adjusting them to the light as I pat around the bed looking for something. Someone, rather.

"Allie," I mumble still half asleep. My eyes snap open when I don't find her next to me, "Allison!"

I rush to my dresser and pull a shirt over my head running over to Allison's apartment. The door is unlocked, amplifying my anxiety. If something happened to her, it's all my fault.

"Allie?" I whisper, calling to see if she's here. I peek my head into her dad's room and jump when someone clears their throat behind me. I turn expecting to see Allison, but I'm not given the privilege.

"Looking for something Styles? Or should I say 'someone'." Dylan smirks sitting at the dining room table.

His hands are folded in his lap and his hair is slicked up like usual. He wears the same white suit he always wears and the scars on his face are shown vividly given the vibrant light extricating through the curtains.

"Nice to see you Dylan. I was looking for Nick Davidson," I lie, "any idea where he might be, since you watch everyone in this valley."

"You're looking for Nick? Not Allison?" Dylan asks and stands up, straightening his shirt.

"Who's Allison?"

"Who's Allison," Dylan repeats and laughs to himself, "don't play dumb. The girl Styles! The girl." He yells and I jump back a bit.

"Right! Okay, I remember now. I haven't gotten any new information on her. What about you?" I continue to lie to try and save both myself and Allison.

"You should know that we didn't find anything last night. She's not a threat, for now." Dylan says walking towards me as I let out a sigh of relief.

"But what do you care if she is a threat? You hardly know her, right?" Dylan whispers into my ear. His breath reeks of smoke and I step back.

"That's right. I've hardly ever talked to her. I took her to lunch yesterday with the boys, but it didn't mean anything." I defend.

"And what about after lunch? Where'd she go?" Dylan asks smirking.

"I don't know. She didn't come back here though. Aren't you the one keeping tabs on her?"

"Alright, I get it. She didn't come back. Maybe, at a friends house?" Dylan suggests and I shrug, trying to remain aloof.

"Okay. I guess I'm done here." Dylan says and walks towards the front door. He opens it and looks back at me.

"Tell me Styles," he pauses and gives a crooked smile, "how'd you two sleep?" Dylan winks and exits as every part of my body goes cold.

Dylan is the only person in the world that intimidates me. He knows we were together. He knows we slept together. How was I so stupid to think he wouldn't know? Dylan knows everything. He's like the fucking FBI, but at least the FBI try to help. Dylan only gives so he can take. My train of thought is interrupted when my phone buzzes in my pocket. It's a text, from a blocked number.

*Allison is at work by the way ;)*

That cocky little fucker. It's so like him to text from a blocked number so no one can report him. However, I am thankful for his information, seeing as how I had no idea where Allison could be if not back at her mom's.

I go back to my apartment and try to make myself more presentable, putting on a pair of black jeans, a black shirt, and my white converse. Otherwise known as "Harry's everyday attire". I push my curls up off my forehead and grab my keys off the counter. Getting in my car, I turn on the radio and make my way to Allison's job.