s. 16 ep. 1

𔓘 8 months later 𔓘

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Soyoung! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone was clapping and singing for me.

The first time I'm actually celebrating my birthday, probably because I'm 16 now and can find my soulmate.

"Thank you all so much! I love you guys!" I blew out the candles and clapped.

It feels good to be happy and alive.

We started eating the cake while my friends and I were talking.
"So, what's your plan now?" Lia - my best friend - asked.
"Eat cake and enjoy this day?" I laughed.

"Soyoung! They're calling!" My mom rushed into my room with all my relatives who were waiting for it.
I picked up the call, "Hello?"
"Hello, Hwang Soyoung. This is the government. You can officially find your soulmate now! Happy birthday. Do you have any questions?"

"No, not yet. But if I have one, who do I ask?"
"You can call us. Your parents probably have our number." I heard them say out of the phone.
"Okay thank you so much. Have a nice day." I hung up and everyone started shouting.

We were celebrating, playing games, and doing so much more till midnight.

The next day

Monday. I was getting ready for school when I started hearing music. "Mom, why are you playing music in the morning? We literally have 7 am." I walked out of my room and went down to the kitchen where my mom was packing my food.

"What do you mean? I'm not- Oh my god! It's your soulmate. He's playing it!" My mom screamed and hugged me. "Good luck, honey." She gave me my breakfast, lunchbox and patted my head.

That's actually crazy. I'm hearing the song so quiet but I'm understanding everything. Hopefully, I'll find him soon.

I got ready and got on the bus. I usually like to listen to music while being on the bus but I'm not in the mood.

As I arrived at the school, I walked to the spot my friends and I always sit at.
"Hey Ladies! Guess what happened right now." Everyone started asking and being curious.

"I know what my song is and I heard it." I excitedly say and drink from my strawberry milk.
"OH MY GOD, THAT'S S FANTASTIC! YES, YOU CAN FIND HIM NOW BETTER!" Lia screamed and clapped. "But why was he playing it in the morning?" Nima - another friend of mine - asked.

"I don't know. Maybe he was getting ready or- okay he's playing it again." I roll my eyes.

I'm going to have an earworm if he plays it again.

"What if he goes to our school?"
"Never."
"But what if?"
"Impossible."
"Please nothing is impossible." I look at Soojin as she smiles innocently.

"I have an idea. Let's see what boy is listening to music or just ask them to play the song real quick. Maybe you're going to hear it and then we found him."
"Like it's that easy. Let's just go to the classroom." I tried to convince them.
"No, you'll come with us. What's the song?"
"I.f.l.y. Y'all know it, right?" They all nodded and got up.

"Wait y'all are actually going to help me find my soulmate?"
"Duh. We're your friends. Plus you deserve it after everything you've gone through." Lia said and took my hand.

I love them.

"Speaking of the past, Soyoung, did you find him?" Nima looked at me. "I gave up. I don't know what he looks like and I forgot his voice. I'm just grateful he chose to save me." I smile, thinking about that day.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

A/n

i still remember writing this and I'm actually quite not sure about the song but it is what it is. :)