s. 16 ep. 8

"Hey Sunghoon hyung? I need to go home, my moms probably waiting. Can you drive me?" She's not even home.

"Sure, Jungwon. Daniel you want a ride back home too?" he asks. "Nah I'm good. I still need to finish the papers with Jake hyung. He'll just give me a ride back home." He screamed from the kitchen.

"Okay. Bye everyone!" I said as I went out to Sunghoon hyungs car with him.

-

"So what about your exams? You're studying for them?" Sunghoon started the conversation.

"I'm trying. I still want to go to Jeju with Daniel so I have to give everything."
"You're not dumb, you just don't use your brain sometimes."

"Wow, what wise words hyung."
"I didn't mean it like that. I mean, if you want to use your brain, you can actually use that. And if you practice the things you learn a lot, then you can even say it in your sleep." - "Says the one who almo-" - "We don't talk about that." Sunghoon cut me off as he parked near my house.

"Thanks hyung. I'll keep that in mind. Oh and thank you for the ride."
"Always for you. Good night." I shut the car door and made my way into the house as I got greeted by maeumi.

"Hello maeum." I stroked him as he tried to lick my face as always.
"You're here?"
"Hello Noona. Where's mom?"

"She's at her friend's house. She'll be back after midnight at least." My older sister said as she sighed.

"Okay I'll be in my room reading."
"Yeah yeah sure." She said as she got back to watch her show.

I was choosing one of the books to read when suddenly I heard our song.

Huh? Why is it stopping after a time, all the time? Does she want to get my attention?

I got up taking my notebook and a pencil sitting at my desk. Suddenly I heard the instruments only and a few words. So she wants to communicate?

I got ready to write, so I wrote down the three words she played. "How are you?"

I took out my Ipad and looked at the lyrics. Somewhere he says better, right?

I'm going to use that.

"Better, I guess." I said playing them.
"That's god." A giggle left my mouth.

"I know Ms. Soulmate, and you're pretty smart." I said looking out of the window.

'That's intelligent' I played when I got an 'I know.'

I quickly called Daniel to come over and not even a minute later he was standing in my room.

"I told my mom I'm sleeping at your house" - "Okay good cause we have a long night ahead." I said signaling him to sit next to me.

"What do you mean?" He looked confused. "My soulmate is a smart one. She tried to communicate with me. Funny huh? And now help me," I gave him my laptop.

"You have to make those sound buttons you once did, you know? I need to save some words on it." He nodded and laid on my bed doing what I told him.

While he was doing that I looked for all the words I could use and saved them on my Ipad.

After hours of quiet working, we finished and tried to say good night with it.

According to her response, it worked. So we turned off everything and laid on my bed.

"So she randomly started talking like that?" - "Yeah. I was shocked too."

"Yours is pretty smart while mine still hasn't shown herself. I think I've heard it once but I don't know." Daniel let out a sigh and laid his head on mine. "It's okay, she'll give you a sign one day. We should go to sleep now. We have school tomorrow." I turned my back to him as I pushed him away.

"Bad night, won." - "Have nightmares, Dan." Daniel scoffed at my words as I smiled.

Trying to fall asleep I couldn't stop thinking about her.

Is that even allowed? Talking to your soulmate? And who could she be? I just know she must be someone from Soojins class.