Happy Birthday

Gina's POV

I was in a Uber on my way to Ashlyn's house from the airport. I went to see my mom in Puerto Rico. I wanted to spend my birthday with her. I've been having a tough couple of weeks. It's all because I've been missing her.

It felt so good to be with my mom but we did talk a lot about the next two years. She did tell me she will be in detail there in Puerto Rico for a while. I like Puerto Rico but I don't like it enough to want to live there. My mom wants me to come live back with her. But I really rather live in New York with my Uncle and Aunt if I'm not able to finish school at East High.

I really do feel torn. I've been feeling torn about a lot of things lately. Just for once I wish things will go my way. Just for once I wish could have control over my own situation.

I safely made it to Ashlyn's. I put my key in the door to open it. I walk through and heard this pop noise and voices yelling

"SSSSUUUURRRRPPPPPRRRRIIIIIISSSSEEEE"

I screamed because I was startled. And then I realized this is a surprise birthday party for me. I started to get really emotional.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIGI we love you"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIGI. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU" Everyone sung in 3 part harmony. It was so beautiful. They made me a beautiful cake with candles and everything .

This is so much happening at one time. I couldn't help but cry. I don't know who's arms were around me. It sounded like it was Ej in my ear

"Awe Gi don't cry, we love you. It's your birthday" Ej said

"It's ok Gi. Don't cry" Ashlyn said comforting me

"I'm sorry. It's just that my heart is so full." I said emotionally

Everyone then clapped and cheered my name.

"I've never had a birthday party before....I never lived somewhere long enough to meet friends to spend my birthday with.....that's why I never tell anyone when my birthday is.......I don't know how you found out......but thank you......thank you all for being my friends. I love you guys" I said emotionally

"WE LOVE YOU GI" Everyone yelled and clapped for me

"Make a wish and blow out your candle"Ej whispered in my ear

I made a wish and closed my eyes and blew out the candles.

"Go change and get cute it's your party!" Ash said and she's right I can't be at my party with sweats on. So I went to my room. I showered as quickly as I could. Then stormed through the closet to pick something cute. I ended up picking this off the shoulder flare dresss that is white. I put my hair up in a high bun. I moisturized my body so I wouldn't ashy and applied light makeup on my face. I was ready in 30'mins maybe. I then came back down and had cake. Then I took a moment to go around to say hi to everyone. Then as I was about to go over to Ej I noticed that he was talking to the new girl Lily. Im really not fond of her.

"I promised you Big Red slipped up and invited her. I didn't want her to come. I didn't invite her. I didn't get a chance to fill him in" Ash whispered coming beside me.

"It's ok. What's a party without a party crasher" I said jokingly and we both laughed.

"Well we have a little special gift for you. Come let's open up some presents" Ash said and walked away to the couch.

"It's time for presents everyone" Ash yelled and everyone brought me presents.

"Seriously presents? You guys" I said feeling joyful.