Camp Shallow Lake : The Series Part 3

Ej's POV

I woke up an hour earlier than what I usually do. I promised that I would get up early to meet the squad's morning meditation.  I showered then got dressed to meet up with them.

As I was leaving and Poppy was walking ahead of me. I hurried to catch up with her.

"Hey! Morning Poppy" I said

"Hey, look who's up bright and early for morning meditation" She said jokingly with a half smile. It didn't seem like she was her usual self. She's usually a morning person. Either she's just tired or something is really wrong.

"Yeah....hey is everything ok. You seem like you're a little low" I said

"I haven't had my morning meditation yet ....once I meditate all of my problems will become small and not so...big in my mind....but anyway...don't worry. I'm good. I'll be ok" She said

"Well you know I'm here for you. You can tell me anything. You don't need to hold back...I got your back no matter what" I said assuring her

"I know you do.....and thank you" she said

"Of course.." I said

"And I have your back too" she said

"Oh and for the record......I just want to say sorry for yesterday with Gina...she really didn't mean any harm by the name thing...I -" she cut me off

"Ej that was no big deal. I didn't take it personally...I've dealt with much worse...and you know that....I'm a lot stronger now than I was then....plus I like Gina...it may take her some time to see that but that's ok" She said being hopeful

"Well that's good but still...I'll never let anyone hurt you or get in between our friendship. I'm staying true to my promise. " I said remembering an ex from my past bullied Mia and Val because they are my closest friends. My ex would pull pranks on Mia and Val but she was constantly going at Mia. At the time I was immature then. I was into jokes and pranks. I thought the pranks were just harmless so I didn't think it was a big deal but apparently it was happening multiple times to Mia and I didn't know it. When I didn't stick up for Mia back then she hated me which caused a complete split in our squad. My ex kept bullying Mia behind my back until finally I was able to catch her in the act and that was the prank that went too far. I felt like the biggest idiot in the world when I caught her doing what she did to Mia. It took awhile for everyone to forgive me but Mia forgave me as soon as I said I was sorry. Eventually I was able to get everyone's forgiveness and their trust back. Since that moment on we have been protective of each other. But we are even more protective over Mia.

"I know....and thank you. I really appreciate that" she said

We finally met the squad on the hill. It felt good to see them and do this together. We didn't waste anytime. We spread out and Mia lead the way. She started out with stretches, then into some simple yoga moves....then we ended sitting on the ground in silence. I took in the scenery and all the nature around us. It was very windy but the breeze felt good. Mia gives the best guidance on how to breathe and clear your thoughts. Her voice is very soothing.

The timer went off signaling our time is up. I can't really say that my mind was completely clear but it was only for a few seconds. Meditation did help calm my nerves for now. I know once the cast list is published today everyone is going to go crazy and things are going to get real.

When we were coming down from the hill We saw everyone crowding around the markee outside the barn.

"Ooo, it must be d day" Cube joked 

"Time to find out if your a cloud or a tree" Alison joked

"You ready to take this on" Mia said to me