When Somebody Loved Me

"Guess who's coming back tomorrow guys?.....Nini"

"What?!"

Ricky's POV

Hearing the news about Nini coming back to East High felt so weird. Her name hasn't been brought up almost all year. But honestly it's whatever. Me and Nini kind of fell out I guess. It's not that I didn't try to mend things with Nini. She's my childhood best friend. She out of nowhere says she going to this big time acting boarding school. She decides to tell me a week before she's going to leave knowing for a whole month that she was leaving. Even still I didn't get why she would want to go to that school because our drama club is way better than theirs. I looked it up and East High is 10 times better. She took it as I wasn't being supportive. I was just telling her the truth. Not only that she didn't even give me time to come around and process things, she gave me a week. But honestly if she's suppose to be my best friend. What kind of friend doesn't tell them they are moving?

But I know how it goes with me and Nini. We argue, have problems, may yell at each other and then say we are sorry and be friends again. They say having girl best friends is a lot of work and they aren't lying when they say that.

"Babe" I called out to Gina who looked distracted. Her ice cream was starting to melt

"Huh? What" She said off guard

"Your ice cream is starting to melt" I told her

"Oh, I'm just getting a little full from it that's all" She said lying . I know something is bothering her

"You know you can tell me what's bothering you. You know I can see it on your face" I said

"It's nothing" Gi plays off

"So you're lying to me now?" I said playfully tickling her hands making her laugh. It's funny because she tries to act like she's not ticklish but she is. I then intertwined our hands together.

"Talk to me" I said to her again

"Okay fine.....it's just.....I don't want to sound or come off as a jealous girlfriend but hearing the news of Nini coming back sort of makes me a little insecure. I've been so use to having you to myself, and then me you big red and Ash hanging out, drama club everything is perfect how it is. I just don't want nothing to change that's all" Gina finally expressed how she was feeling.

"Gi, nothing is going to change. Nini coming back doesn't change anything. It's not going to change us, we are solid. So get out of your head ok. I got you. And I got us" I said assuring her. I then leaned over to kiss her. It brought back a smile to her face.

I love the way Gina makes me feel. It's crazy how much we have in common, how we help each other through things and the affect we have on each other. I love that I can make her smile. I love how she's so real and we see eye to eye on things. It's like I think something but she can say it out loud without caring and it's exactly what I'm thinking. We can joke about almost anything and more importantly we are extremely honest with each other.

"I believe in you. I'm all in with us" She said feeling more confident

"Good" I answered back

"Have you and Nini worked out your differences yet?" Gi asked

"No, we're not so hot. She's not even speaking to me. It's not that I didn't try. But I know Nini she'll come around and if anything she owes me an apology" I said honestly