It's Been A Long Day Without You

Ashlyn's POV

Today is a special day because it's Ej's graduation party. Today could be the day that we will have everyone together one last time for Ej. Since school ended nothing was the same well at least for me. Gina left for the summer to be with her mom. Gina was very hurt that she never had her first date and first kiss with EJ. She really wanted to be with EJ.

EJ has been slowly recovering from the fallout with Gina. I know he misses her. They haven't spoke since his graduation and before that they weren't really speaking. It was so hard to watch because I wanted nothing more to fix it between them but it was nothing I could do. There was no coming back from that. But outside of the fallout with Gina I am so proud of Ej. He ended up changing his mind and he is going to go to Duke. He's been working part time as a freelance graphic designer all summer, he is really doing it and I am proud of him.

"Hey do you think she is still coming? The party is almost over" Biggie asked me

"Have you heard from Gina?" Courtney asked me

Gina and I have still talked almost everyday. I'm glad we still have our relationship. I just wish she would come back but I don't think she will. I'm holding out hope that she will.

"Her plane was delayed but she will be here" I lied. I actually don't know if she is really coming. She told me that she will try to be here but she wasn't sure.

"So she is coming?"'Ej asked out of nowhere anxiously but trying to keep it together. I didn't know he was listening to the conversation.

"Uhh yeah, calm down" I said jokingly but seriously because I don't want him to be too excited or anxious just in case she really doesn't show.

"I'm calm" Ej answered

"Hey how about we play that game....where we guess what song it is. Everyone grab random items to use as instruments, doesn't matter what it is and we will play. Whoever guesses the most songs correct wins" I said hoping to run a distraction for everyone so we don't keep guessing if Gina is going to come or not. Plus it will get me mentally ready to handle Ej's emotions if she doesn't come. I know he will be hurt.

Nini's Pov

I looked at Ashlyn's face and I can tell shes really not sure if Gina is coming. I really do hope that she does because I know how much it would mean to him to see her.

Ricky's POV

I think Ashlyn is lying and I don't think Gina is really coming. I'm going to feel bad for Ej because I'm pretty sure he was hoping to see Gina. Things got so weird at the end of the school year.

Seb's Pov

Aww poor Ej. I feel so bad for him. He doesn't even care about anyone else being here but Gina. I know he still has feelings for her. I really hope she makes it here in time. God bless Ashlyn because I think she's trying to hide the fact that she isn't coming. It's showing on her face. She looks worried.

Ashlyn's POV

It was nothing but luck that saved me from freaking out and screaming I don't know if Gina is coming. This game saved me. We were having fun and getting really into it. I am glad this is a healthy distraction for all of us. We were really getting into the game and using the silverware, cups, napkins and literally anything. It was fun.

It was Carlos's turn for us to guess what song he was playing.

"Is it Katy Perry ?" Nini asked

"Is it Shake it off by Taylor swift?" Seb asked

"You gotta give us more Carlos" Ricky complained